Do you know what that arrow thingy on your gas gauge means?

Fun times watching folks gas up at Sam's "one way" gas lanes. My observation is most cars in the U.S. have gas cap on the left. There are always lines for those, but the right cap cars can go right to the pump. The hoses do extend pretty far, my small car can reach, not sure about my full size van, which has the cap on the left but directly over the rear tire. Too embarrassed to try.

Fun times watching folks gas up at Sam's "one way" gas lanes. My observation is most cars in the U.S. have gas cap on the left. There are always lines for those, but the right cap cars can go right to the pump. The hoses do extend pretty far, my small car can reach, not sure about my full size van, which has the cap on the left but directly over the rear tire. Too embarrassed to try.
Yep, I noticed that today. Price there was 30 cents cheaper a gal compared to down the street.

Another bit of trivia you can use on the cocktail circuit. Most all cars have the gas fill on the opposite side from where the exhaust pipe exits. Thank Click and Clack for that invaluable information.

Another bit of trivia you can use on the cocktail circuit. Most all cars have the gas fill on the opposite side from where the exhaust pipe exits. Thank Click and Clack for that invaluable information.
What happens when you have dual exhausts like on a turbo?

My old 1970 Torino did not have a side...
...gas fill cap was behind the rear license plate.
I had a '72 Toyota Celica with the same arrangement. One day I was filling it up, with the hold-open latch engaged on the nozzle. The nozzle slipped out and fell to the ground, still spraying gasoline. Luckily I was able to grab it and shut it off before my car (and I) got bbq'd. That was the last time I used the hold-open latch, and I still cringe when I see other people using them.

Back