Do I Need A Password Or Secret Handshake To Join The Club?

fixed it for you:

U7HPgIy.jpg

OK, I purchased three tickets to the Skyline club. One I got from a scalper earlier this spring and the other one I had my sister pickup from a scalper in Minneapolis and the third one I grabbed along the way from another scalper on my way to pick up the one from my sister. I also came home with two #9890 rotisseries, a brand new set of Weber porcelain coated flavo bars for a silver B and a brand new Q1000/Q2000 portable cart. And then a Blue Head Silver B that had been painted over with flat black....they guy said the blue paint was peeling on it. hahaha. I told him, no it wasn't and he said, "I am looking at it right now and the blue paint is definitely peeling". I said, OK, I will take it for $20.

The one in the middle has the frame completely held together with some sheep metal and deck screws. The lid on that one ironically enough is by far the best condition of the three. The other two have significant haze. There does look to be some minor scratches on the middle lid, but no real hazing that I can see. It also has a hack job on the control panel.
Here are all three of them in one picture.
gg3QCTN.jpg

Here is the control panel on the middle one. I cannot figure out why they hacked up the control panel other than the valves being much further to the left than they should be. It is the correct control panel, so what I figure is they must have put on a manifold from another model like maybe a Silver B that doesn't extend as far away from the cook box. This grill is a catastrophe in pretty much every way except from the hood and cook box.

xPAbf87.jpg

And here is the peeling blue paint on my the Silver B. You can see where I scraped off a section of black paint with my razor blade. I will be anxious to see what is under all the paint as I cannot understand why someone would want to change a pretty blue grill to flat black.

mIdB4QH.jpg

Oh and I have one Skyline condiment basket and one basically identical basket but without the utensil hooks that came off an old Weber built in NG grill and I also have a plastic condiment basket for the third skyline.

Last edited:
Yah, one came with the condo basket. I acquired another identical one from a NG build in Weber grill that is the same except it doesnt have the three utensil hooks on the front and then I have one of those plastic condiment trays that were on some of the later Silver B grills.

Bruce,
That blue reminds me of the maroon hood Genesis I picked up that had the same flat black paint job. I started with scraping off the paint. Then Larry recommended paint stripper which practically washed it off.

Yep, that is exactly what I will wind up doing with it. I won't scrape the whole hood, I just wanted to document the fact that it was actually a blue hood with peeling black paint and not the other way around as a couple other people had insisted that it was.

Anyone have any thoughts on what happened with that control panel?

I think you are right. They had the wrong manifold or burners or something. That's the sort of thing I might've done........'I've got this steak and I really want to cook it, and the stores are closed and Amazon doesn't exist yet, and yeah, I can make it work :)'

Anyone have any thoughts on what happened with that control panel?

I agree with Ralph’s and your assessment on this. I remember my early days of grill rehabbing when I didn’t even know there was a difference between the x000 and Silver Genesis grills and tried to make the wrong burners and control panels work, scratching my head as to why they wouldn’t fit correctly.

Back