Do I Need A Password Or Secret Handshake To Join The Club?

Wow, Stefan, that would be almost impossible for me to walk away from. If you don't really want it for yourself (Club Membership included for FREE:cool:!) then I suppose you should pass. It sounds like in your area there isn't a lot of interest in older classic grills like that. You could certainly make it look great again, but maybe not worthwhile. Too bad we are so far apart. Then again, if I want a happy life at home, maybe that is a good thing:rolleyes:!

P.S.

I know Bruce would love to get that condiment rack. If you parted out the side burner and Skyline hood you could probably easily get your $ back. I might consider buying the hood myself!

Stefan,

Dave is right! I just hate to be an enabler even as I try to overcome my own addiction:eek:.

You guys make me feel left out! Is there a club for ordinary Genesis Silver C owners?

Ok here it is. Yes the condiment basket, the lower shelf and the left side table are there too. Need to check in detail tomorrow. I could not check the inside when I picked it up because the seller had fired it up. But it needs a lot of work.
https://imageshack.us/i/po27fyFMj

Last edited:
Welcome to the club, Stefan!

i3FJugm.jpg

We will look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Not sure yet when I get to it and if I keep it. What was actually the official model description? I have seen them called Weber Genesis 1200 or 2200. And I assume the skyline emblem was always the same showing the Chicago skyline if I am not mistaken.

I also checked the grill this morning. Very little rust on the outside. The lower long cross bars are rusted out at these connectors. That can be fixed with some new inserts. But otherwise no rust on the frame as far as I could see and feel. The flavorizer bars are SS and are still solid although not shiny anymore. Grates are the standard enameled stamped grates. Rusted as usual. Knobs still look good. Only the igniter switch and igniter of the side burner might need to get replaced. Even the large grease pan slider has no rust around the edges. But the small grease pan needs to be replaced. Plus new caster wheels. So overall not too many new parts needed. Just lots of labor.

Stefan,
Would love to see you restore this one and better yet keep it to retain your club membership:cool:!

If you were to decide to part it out, though, please let us know. I am sure Bruce would be interested in the rack and I might be in the hood.

I will restore it for sure. But I am not sure if I will keep it then. I just don't have enough room or the need for two gassers. And I love my Platinum C. So we'll see. I might start in the next few weeks.

Back