Did I score? Genesis S310 on craigslist

So, found out that the igniter doesn't work anymore. I took the button out and notice the negative side (facing outward) is corroded with some teal color. Should I just get the button first ($14.50) before attempting to replace the entire back part of the igniter? or should I just get the whole kit which cost $37.

So, found out that the igniter doesn't work anymore. I took the button out and notice the negative side (facing outward) is corroded with some teal color. Should I just get the button first ($14.50) before attempting to replace the entire back part of the igniter? or should I just get the whole kit which cost $37.

Check Amazon and eBay,. I recently found the whole kit for about $15. Sorry, I don't have the link handy at this moment

Not a bad deal. I am not a fan of the front control models but you did fine. Again, for those of you using Imagur it is FAR nicer if your photos NOT the "links" show in line with your posts click on the clue button that corresponds to this "BBCode (Forums)" and the photos will appear in your posts which is far nicer than having to click on a link and leave the page you're on.

Spent have a day using Sam's grill cleaner and power washer. Did not get down and dirty and hand scrub them. I plan to use this until a better one come along so i didn't need to grind this down to bare metal.
D7R3p4z.jpg
[/IMG]
Qd3jHCB.jpg

Xh2kshX.jpg

dX3vtLY.jpg

2WMIar9.jpg

xZh4Q6Z.jpg

fmrJ5hZ.jpg

CkFWqCc.jpg

yup found an after market set for $14 on ebay. Turns out, just the front button need replacement, everything is up and running now.

Not a bad deal. I am not a fan of the front control models but you did fine. Again, for those of you using Imagur it is FAR nicer if your photos NOT the "links" show in line with your posts click on the clue button that corresponds to this "BBCode (Forums)" and the photos will appear in your posts which is far nicer than having to click on a link and leave the page you're on.

is there a better model? Not sure what u mean by front control models, so the older Genesis with side control would be a better grill?

Many of us here prefer the older Genesis models with the side controls
for various reasons. Tt's all subjective and personal preference though.
You got a helluva grill and a helluva buy.

Many of us here prefer the older Genesis models with the side controls
for various reasons. Tt's all subjective and personal preference though.
You got a helluva grill and a helluva buy.

Im eying that exact model right now. Found one for $100 but its another 2 hrs drive :(

Many like the side control knobs because that means you have E/W burners instead of N/S burners. The E/W burner configuration is considered a better system for indirect cooking is probably the biggest benefit of side controls or E/W burners. It is particularly beneficial for cooking with a rotisserie.

is there a better model? Not sure what u mean by front control models, so the older Genesis with side control would be a better grill?

Knobs in front as opposed to on the side. Side knob units have burners running across the grill rather than front to back. The crosswise burner set up is superior because you have much better flexibility and can do truly wonderful rotisserie cooking. Also easier to indirect a slab or 2 of ribs as the Genesis is not large enough to handle a full slab front to back, but with the E/W or side mounted types you can put on the front burner with some smoke, put your slab(s) in the back and smoke gets pulled over them very nicely
If you never do any of those styles of cooking it's not much of a matter though

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that, at least intuitively, it would seem that three long burners would give better and more even coverage than three short burners. I believe that is why Weber had to add “heat deflectors” between the front to back burners on the newer “N-S” models because the space between them is so much wider than on the older “E-W” model.

Back