Designing a "Performer" logo for SS Performer. (Now Available).

Tim Snyder

TVWBB Super Fan
While working on restoring my SS Performer I realized that the grill doesn't say "Performer" anywhere on it. That got me thinking that maybe it needs a logo. Basic design is the Weber logo font, somewhat modified. I wanted it to look like Weber designed it. I'm thinking of having them cut in a brushed aluminum vinyl to match the Weber badge. Thoughts?

Digital concept rendering:

Performer Logo 1.JPG

Actual photos of the label as installed on my grill:

Performer Logo Tank Cover2.JPG

Performer Logo Tank Cover.JPG

Last edited:
I also spent a day in Adobe Illustrator recreating the propane tank label, as original, if anybody needs one (probably $5.00, shipped). They are being printed now on outdoor vinyl with a gloss laminate, just like the originals. (This is a low resolution image).

(update 7/4/2021) Labels are finished and available here (PM me) or eBay. 50 cents cheaper here, $5.00 shipped, only 40 available.

LP label.JPG

propane label fan.JPG

Last edited:
First three people to comment on this thread get a free propane label to review. (If they want one).

Last edited:
I will defer to the next three people who comment, I don't need a label. But I like your logo a lot and great work on the label!

Really like the label for the performer, how much are you thinking 🤔
Thank you. I don't know the price yet. It's not a for-profit venture, it's just for fun for me. The more I can have cut the cheaper they will be (hopefully, under $10, but good vinyl isn't cheap). I posted this thread to gauge interest, so please like or comment if you might be interested.

Last edited:
Great job Tim and I will reach out to you about your propane labels as this is helpful for me. They look great and thank you for your efforts.
Thanks Bill. I'll send you one, no charge. It's fun to share enthusiasm for something as insignificant as a propane label for a grill that hasn't been made in 17 years. Thank you for your support.

How do we communicate on this forum beyond the threads?

Late to this party but think the Performer badge is a masterpiece. I have made replicas of several Weber gas grill decals. First, credit to a member in AZ who generously shared the artwork for the Genesis tank scale and warning sticker. I added a few more of my own design. All that to say that I admire your work and workmanship on that decal. Great job and another help to restorers of these cool old grills. Be sure to share your decal (and badge) with our friends at the Weber Kettle Club.

No need for the label here either..
Great work. Looks awesome.
Looks like your dog is part of the handles.. :)

Performer logos are now available in black or silver. "Permanent" outdoor vinyl (Oracal 651). Offered up on eBay for $9.50 (shipped) or PM me here for a bit of a discount. I know that sounds pricey, but it's just not cheap having lettering cut.

Performer Logos.JPG

Just ordered a black one on ebay. Quick and easy.
Question: Do you know if this will this hold up under a coating like a urethane or varnish?

Back