Demo: How To Embed Photos In Forum Posts

Thanks Chris. That makes perfect sense. What's strange, is that like Bob, my process worked for quite some time - usually I would just use it to share a funny pic from WMT to here. I did try downloading the pics to my photo library first and pasting from there; and as you explained, that works with no issue. I guess something changed recently, but at least there's a workaround.

I just recently got a galaxy s22 and I think my phone is making files that are too big. If I recall the forum software would automatically reduce the file size, but there was some limit. These original files are something like 9mbs

I just recently got a galaxy s22 and I think my phone is making files that are too big. If I recall the forum software would automatically reduce the file size, but there was some limit. These original files are something like 9mbs
I just got the S22 Ultra and have no issues posting

out of my own curiosity, i looked at my recent iPhone pics and they're ranging from 1.2mb up to 4.7mb in file size. is there a setting on the S22 that drives such huge pic sizes?

If you're using RAW mode they can be pretty big files. But, note I have the Ultra and with no doctoring I have no issues posting those photos to this forum or any for that matter. Usually the Forum software will downsize the image just fine

In the gallery app you can change the image size.

Or you can set the camera to take lower res pics.

I must have something dumb set on the camera resolution. I just wanted to post incase this keeps coming up for other people.

It looks like I had it on some 50 megapixel resolution. Good grief. I'm the old guy that can't work his phone now.

Back