Deep firebox question

Dean in Mich.

TVWBB Member
This is the first gasser ive ever owned and im 50 years old.
Ive read about a DEEP fire box and how tbey enjoy it.
How do i know if i have a "deepie"?
I have a silver B from 2003.. 3 burner

If you have a letter designation grill you have the shallow box. Deep boxes were only on I, II, III, IV, etc. or 1000, 2000, 3000, etc.

Oh ok... I was thinking the word deep referred to front to back but now I understand it means vertical..
Thanks.. im an obvious virgin to this stuff..

Oh ok... I was thinking the word deep referred to front to back but now I understand it means vertical..
Thanks.. im an obvious virgin to this stuff..

Your genesis silver B is a great grill too. I have 2 older genesis grills one with the deep fire box and one like yours (although mine is a 2 burner silver A). I like them both equally well.

I find the deeper fire box grill flares up slightly less. But the Silver A gets hotter slightly faster. Another point in favor of your silver B is that with fewer flavorizor bars the grill is easier to clean. And it's cheaper to replace 5 flavorizor bars than 13.

Your genesis silver B is a great grill too. I have 2 older genesis grills one with the deep fire box and one like yours (although mine is a 2 burner silver A). I like them both equally well.

And it's cheaper to replace 5 flavorizor bars than 13.

That's why I bought Rcplanebuyers SS flavorizer bars for my 1000, paid a little more but I don't think that I'll ever have to replace them. They're about nine years old and look like new.

I also had a Silver B at the same time as the Geneses 1000 I still have. Maybe it was just me, but I used the 1000 a little more than the B but the B needed to be cleaned more often or it was flare up city.
Both cooked equally well.

Back