Decent deal...?

Looks like a good deal to me. You're basically getting a Master Touch with a table.
I think I paid $40 for one like it, but not as nice, a few years back as a gift to my grandson, he still uses it.

If you were looking for a standard Kettle, this is a great option at a great price. If you are searching for a performer deluxe with the gas assist and are thinking of setting for this one, then don't do it and wait until you find what you really want. If I came across this when I was looking for a Master Touch, I would have been temped and probably would have gone for it.

Yeah, I don't really understand the buzz for the Performer, but a table would be nice. Right now I'm using a free 22" I got off a curb, and it doesn't have the ash holder at the bottom (just a tray). Also, I don't have those baskets, and my charcoal chimney has seen better days. I might go grab it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some exceptional deal and I should jump on it right away.

Drive time to get it would be an hour and a half total. :unsure:

Yeah, I don't really understand the buzz for the Performer, but a table would be nice. Right now I'm using a free 22" I got off a curb, and it doesn't have the ash holder at the bottom (just a tray). Also, I don't have those baskets, and my charcoal chimney has seen better days. I might go grab it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some exceptional deal and I should jump on it right away.

Drive time to get it would be an hour and a half total. :unsure:
Yeah go get it!

I would say you are crazy if you do not go get it.
I have 4 Weber's and my performer is my favorite.
I use an SNS and it never leaves the grill unless it is vortex time, which is not a lot, I can almost due vortex heat with the SNS in there with the right burnt coal buildup and the right brand and size of charcoal on top of that.
I use the performer for every cook unless it is raining ( garage and jumbo joe in there ) or a larger cook low n slow over 4 hours goes in the E6.
My E6 is going to be mad at me, I hardly use it.

I had one of these before I got a performer, I used it to convince me to go charcoal
Basically you are getting a 18 with a bale, table and a solid set of wheels. Great cooker, mine moved on to a family member and is still going strong.

I seen it on FB. Looks like the table had extra bolts or something holding it together or holes drilled in the table top. Not long ago there was a copper performer for 100 bucks looked new. It was only up for about 10 minutes when I emailed the seller and it was already sold.

I seen it on FB. Looks like the table had extra bolts or something holding it together or holes drilled in the table top. Not long ago there was a copper performer for 100 bucks looked new. It was only up for about 10 minutes when I emailed the seller and it was already sold.
I saw that one too, but missed out as well.

That's a One-Touch Platinum, early 2000s. Weber's offering between a kettle and the Performer. I also have a problem with scale sometimes, this is the 22.5" (has six cross wires on the lower shelf, the 18.5" has five). Also, as Bob said, the vent was between the handle risers on the 18.5" during that generation. The larger grill came with baskets, the smaller with rails. I've been looking for the 18.5", they are hard to find.

Bought it. ✅

It was listed as a 22" - sorry I didn't mention that, and it's in better shape than the pictures show. And yes, the previous owner reinforced the table underneath w/ some plywood, because in my opinion, of a faulty/weak design and it was cracking along one of the edges just past the original two bolts.

It's supposed to rain all weekend now. Just my luck. Pics to follow.

Enjoy it, I know you will it will do everything you want it to from grilling crispy wings to smoking pork butts or anything like that.
I bought my SNS for the performer and had it ready to go when I bought my performer, so I don't know much else...I do use 2 Weber baskets on either side sometimes blazing hot for crispy wings or drumsticks and stuff like that, but that SNS is the best thing I have bought for it if you have never used one. It does everything I need, low n slow, or blazing red hot and the need to re load fuel on the go is not very often....I have bought a ton of accessories for my grills and honestly this is the one I really feel was worth the money, and it isn't cheap. It would be hard for someone like myself to spend more $$$ on a basket then I did for the whole grill mind you. Get it cleaned up and lets have a look.
P.S. I do not work for or earn commission the SNS products... o_O

SNS = Slow N Sear, right? I don't know where you're seeing an SNS, @Darryl - swazies. :cautious: There are only baskets, the chimney, and the grill in the pictures.

I've been using Weber products for some time now (kettles, joes, Genesis, wsm, etc), so I'm sure this will plug right into my Weber product family tree. I do however use the Vortex for crispy wings, and I've grown quite good at 'em. Which I should do again once it stops raining. :confused:

You think that's a 18. Why?
I know scale is hard to judge in a pic, but the chimney and baskets make me think its a 22.5.
If it is a 18 that is a unicorn and rare.:)
I think it is a 18 because it is, I owned and purchased a new grate for it ,plus that is what they were advertised as. Great cooker for a small family or single person. A Weber one touch platinum a very nice grill, a very good value I have seen these go for 100 plus.

Last edited:

Back