Decent deal...?

I think it is a 18 because it is, I owned and purchased a new grate for it ,plus that is what they were advertised as. Great cooker for a small family or single person. A Weber one touch platinum a very nice grill, a very good value I have seen these go for 100 plus.
Came in both sizes.

otplatinum.JPG

SNS = Slow N Sear, right? I don't know where you're seeing an SNS, @Darryl - swazies. :cautious: There are only baskets, the chimney, and the grill in the pictures.

I've been using Weber products for some time now (kettles, joes, Genesis, wsm, etc), so I'm sure this will plug right into my Weber product family tree. I do however use the Vortex for crispy wings, and I've grown quite good at 'em. Which I should do again once it stops raining. :confused:
Yeah I know it did not come with the slow n sear.......I just wanted to express my need for one, and then simply implied if you were to purchase one it would be considerably higher in price than the whole grill you just purchased.

DO I HEAR BUYER'S REMORSE?
No it is an awesome machine, it's just considerably bigger than my performer and 9 times out of 10 I don't need bigger than the 22.
I did want it and did use it for bigger cooks, needing 2 different cooks and temps at the same time.
Last time was a rotisserie chicken on d smoked ribs at the same time.
Worked like a charm, it's just an awfully expensive way to go about it.
Initially I was after a second performer and smoke on one and rotisserie on the other, would have done the job still and saved me a few bucks but then I would be in the same situation mentally where then I would 2 of the same bbq's.
I say I hardly use it because I do bbq or smoke minimum 5 days a week......and that E6 will get used every second Saturday probably at the most.
Did I mention I love the performer lol........:LOL:

I think it is a 18 because it is, I owned and purchased a new grate for it ,plus that is what they were advertised as. Great cooker for a small family or single person. A Weber one touch platinum a very nice grill, a very good value I have seen these go for 100 plus.
The pic looks like an 18 but based on the latest post it has to be the 22.

No it is an awesome machine, it's just considerably bigger than my performer and 9 times out of 10 I don't need bigger than the 22.
I did want it and did use it for bigger cooks, needing 2 different cooks and temps at the same time.
Last time was a rotisserie chicken on d smoked ribs at the same time.
Worked like a charm, it's just an awfully expensive way to go about it.
Initially I was after a second performer and smoke on one and rotisserie on the other, would have done the job still and saved me a few bucks but then I would be in the same situation mentally where then I would 2 of the same bbq's.
I say I hardly use it because I do bbq or smoke minimum 5 days a week......and that E6 will get used every second Saturday probably at the most.
Did I mention I love the performer lol........:LOL:
Thanx for the reply and I totally understand your extreme happiness on your E-6 as I am now considering of adding one even at a cost of $1400 here in Costa Rica. What a photo of a E-6 parked along-side my Weber Performer Deluxe:)

I have never seen a 22 platinum, live and learn I stand corrected, sorry.
The 18 would be a gem for sure though.......I use the jumbo joe and love that thing and the price is awesome on it too, to have it elevated would be a game changer. I am actually using the jumbo tonight for my first flank steak cook ever.

I would say you are crazy if you do not go get it.
I have 4 Weber's and my performer is my favorite.
I use an SNS and it never leaves the grill unless it is vortex time, which is not a lot, I can almost due vortex heat with the SNS in there with the right burnt coal buildup and the right brand and size of charcoal on top of that.
I use the performer for every cook unless it is raining ( garage and jumbo joe in there ) or a larger cook low n slow over 4 hours goes in the E6.
My E6 is going to be mad at me, I hardly use it.
Dude, I think that E6 intimidates you, it's not gonna cook by itself.

Way
That's all I ever seen up close. The 18.5" only a few pics and the first was on this site (on the old forum) where a member stacked his 18.5" WSM on top.
Back in like 2001 a guy I worked with neigbhor was moving and sold this to him to me for like 30 bucks. Green and pretty clean washed it and new grate and started to learn how to cook with charcoal nice grill my family member is still using it .

I would drop everything and go get this one ,I bought one of these for my brother for Christmas for 4 times that price.
I bought 1 for my oldest son for Christmas since then I've bought me another performer plus the one I already had got a 26 and have a 22 wsm just bought another for my oldest son and I'm refreshing both of them. I just can't justify it. I'll regret it I'm sure.

Back