DEAL on a used Q100 (w/ pics)

JSalley

Stumbled upon this on FB Marketplace, and my GF just happens to be looking for a grill. It is QUITE dirty (can we call it disgusting!?), but the price is right: $5

grill1.jpg

grill2.jpg

I'll post some more pics after I get her cleaned up. I think my plan of attack is some oven cleaner, let it dwell, then a quick powerwash. Scrub it out with a wire brush, clean out the holes on the burner with torch cleaners (files). Does that sound about right to everyone?

JS

You're one brave dude. I would not have touched that thing with someone else's hands let alone my own. Future consider posting in the Q section BTW

Yah , $5 is good. Take it apart and clean it up. Even if you put in a new burner and new grates, you will have a great grill for about $50 bucks or so.

That should shine up rather nicely. There is some serious
fungus among us, but you will likely not need to replace
anything. Great score.

Wow. Good price, but that is definitely a task ahead. I hope you post pics of the after because I can't wait to see what you do with it.

I see no reason it could not be restored. Grill Cleaner, pressure wash at the car wash some scrubbing and some new parts.

Yeah, I read stories of guys making drugs in the back seat of a car while driving down the road, and refilling propane tanks with ammonium nitrate stolen from large agricultural farms for drug manufacturing, so I think I might wear a Hazmat suit for this one...

Well, dang, a Meth lab for $5.

t0sG1c6.jpg

In the past couple of months, there were 7 people shot dead and 41,000 marijuana plants and I don't know how much honey oil busted in a nearby city (Anza Aguanga). The people tending the farms were smuggled into this country, living in tents and these little grills are used for cooking and who knows what else.

Last edited:
Come on man $5 is only 5 bucks. It is not a terrible investment. Clean it and then reevaluate it. Post pics please once you have cleaned it.

Last edited:

Back