de Buyer 9.5” omelette pan followed me home

Greg in Utah

TVWBB Pro
I’ve never owned a dedicated omelette pan and for some reason , I decided I needed one.

60515A42-6CED-4C34-A65A-E088C93AB419.jpeg

My kitchen has been Teflon free for many years, so seasoned carbon steel and cast iron have been used for for eggs. My outdoor burner was used yesterday to lay down an initial 3 coats of seasoning, with avocado oil. The steel acquired a medium bronze color and I decided to run with that for the time being .

This morning I made a 3 egg cheese omelette for my dogs to split (figuring that the 1st omelette would be problematic ) and I had a 3 egger with roasted Hatch chile and cheese.

It’s almost scary to have a pan that is this slick with so little work put into it. Both omelettes could be spun in the pan just by swirling the pan above the burner .

I will certainly throw some serious stink-eye at anyone that reaches for this pan ;)

Barb and I cook 99% of the time on our fleet of cast iron or our 12 inch carbon steel pan which will be augmented with a 10 inch carbon steel pan per Santa's helper Barb. I agree carbon steel is amazing, lower maintenance than CI and super slick.

I have one of these and LOVE IT! Im a cast iron guy but I love that omelet pan...I prefer carbon steel for eggs, they always slide around and I take care of the skillet like I do cast iron....mine is almost as black as cast iron, I simply rinse it out with hot water and wipe it dry with a paper towel... go on youtube and watch some vids of how to season the pan with potatoe peelings-oil and kosher salt , I used crisbees on mine and it turned it a dark color.

Back