Dbl. chicken spun and won!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Before32E47138-91F5-41B9-BF76-627F9987F9BC.jpeg
And, done plated!
D77167FF-2E05-4558-8A55-9B7BF9517D33.jpeg
Stuffed with half a lemon, half a head of garlic and half an orange, rubbed with OBR “All purpose” rub. The thighs tasted of all of it.
Sweet potatoes, beets, green beans and “basement chicken dripping baby potatoes with garlic” .
Having some”Technical Difficulties” requiring a background change for the near future. Wish me luck with new equipment!
Cheers,

Tim,
Your, a head of garlic and lemon each cut in half through the spit inside the bird has become my go to rotisserie chicken recipe! Your looks so good.

This was done on the kettle (22) with the roti ring, basement baby potatoes with about a dozen cloves of garlic in the drip pan, needed more salt but, pretty good for a first run with them.
I switched up the lemon only since I only had 1 and used half a lemon and half an orange. The thighs picked up a surprising amount of the orange, very pleasant!
I sent your invitation a week ago Larry! Damned postal service.
Anytime Rich!

Exactly, I have come to the same conclusion, always nice to have leftovers, I’ll make “King Ranch chicken” this weekend!
That's weird I just pulled Lady Bird Johnsons version of the King Ranch Chicken Casserole recipe off the net.
Going to be making that soon also.

BeforeView attachment 35856
And, done plated!
View attachment 35857
Stuffed with half a lemon, half a head of garlic and half an orange, rubbed with OBR “All purpose” rub. The thighs tasted of all of it.
Sweet potatoes, beets, green beans and “basement chicken dripping baby potatoes with garlic” .
Having some”Technical Difficulties” requiring a background change for the near future. Wish me luck with new equipment!
Cheers,
How did your "Truss" hold-up? In viewing your photo your "Birds" look well-tied.

BeforeView attachment 35856
And, done plated!
View attachment 35857
Cheers,
Great looking plate. There's just something about rotisserie chicken.

How did your "Truss" hold-up? In viewing your photo your "Birds" look well-tied.
Just fine, I even got them nicely balanced so, I needed no counterbalance. I’ve stopped going too crazy trussing, just a simple loop around the wings really. I try to get the forks, into the legs to hold things in place.
And thanks Bob, yes, you’re right.

Back