Damn you Bruno

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I was doing just fine until your stupid post. Now I've got one of these on it's way to my house

pMI33bK.jpg

I did get the $200 off, I ordered it directly from Weber. I would have used the link that Chris provided, but I was concerned with their return policy

Thanks Lew, I'll check out your link. I'm really looking forward to the grill, I mothballed our propane grill when the regulator let go. The blast knocked me on my butt 5 feet away. Singed the crap out of me too. I've replaced the regulator and will soon sell the grill, I just can't see taking anymore chances with propane BBQ's. My wife really misses the Genesis, so I think the EX6 is going to be something she'll enjoy too. At least that's what I'm telling her :)

If they nailed down the firmware with that release in March/April you will really like it. I loved the SmokeFire whenever it was in a good mood. It‘s so close to being one of the best grills on the market for convenience and results. I didn’t miss a gasser at all when I had it.

Thanks Lew, I'll check out your link. I'm really looking forward to the grill, I mothballed our propane grill when the regulator let go. The blast knocked me on my butt 5 feet away. Singed the crap out of me too. I've replaced the regulator and will soon sell the grill, I just can't see taking anymore chances with propane BBQ's. My wife really misses the Genesis, so I think the EX6 is going to be something she'll enjoy too. At least that's what I'm telling her :)
You'll need some fuel. I know some folks say there's is a picky eater but mine performs the same with 50 cent a pound Weber and 30 cents a pound B&B or whatever pellets I throw in the hopper. When you get it take the finger guard out of the pellet hopper and replace the 3 screws. There's info in that FAQ on doing it. Have fun

Uh oh I have to stop posting.

Honestly I do keep hearing of people having trouble with their SF’s and it bothers me.
I can’t imagine my day one, gen 1 is any better than what is being shipped these days. Obviously check for the black one piece auger immediately.

I recently looked at a new $799 Traeger at HD and I can honestly say for the $999 you paid you are getting twice the grill, not to bash Traeger as I am sure they rock but this introductory WiFi model was not anything like the SF.

I have had pretty good to great results for the last year and a half, I did have some problems early on but everything has been working great for a while now.

I was bummed when it didn’t work out for BFletcher so I hope it goes better for you.

I told my 54 year old son that dealing with my Smokefire is like dealing with him at 16. So much capability but I never knew what he would do next. It was how his brain works that frustrated me and the same with my Smokefire. The Smokefire is erratic and sometimes you have to stay on top of it to get the results you want. I’m anal about learning this grill and how it thinks. I’m getting about as far with it as I did with him at 16.

I told my 54 year old son that dealing with my Smokefire is like dealing with him at 16. So much capability but I never knew what he would do next. It was how his brain works that frustrated me and the same with my Smokefire. The Smokefire is erratic and sometimes you have to stay on top of it to get the results you want. I’m anal about learning this grill and how it thinks. I’m getting about as far with it as I did with him at 16.
Been there done that. Now I can really relate to your experience with your Smokefire. Raised a teenage son also except at 16 he was a 6'3" 200lb walking hormone. Puts it all into perspective now.
Won't even go there about my two 16 year old daughters. But in the end all turned out well, just like the smokefire will. ;)

Been there done that. Now I can really relate to your experience with your Smokefire. Raised a teenage son also except at 16 he was a 6'3" 200lb walking hormone. Puts it all into perspective now.
Won't even go there about my two 16 year old daughters. But in the end all turned out well, just like the smokefire will. ;)
Haha I’m 6’-2” 200 and I have 2 boys 10 and 7, it scares me to death thinking about 2 huge teenagers taking over our house soon!!

Haha I’m 6’-2” 200 and I have 2 boys 10 and 7, it scares me to death thinking about 2 huge teenagers taking over our house soon!!
Be prepared for a HUGH increase in your food bills. At 16 my son could out eat me, Barb and our two daughters combined. The boy was a bottom less pit. He was into soccer, football and volleyball, took a lot of calories to keep that kid fueled.

Back