Cyber Monday - Weber Summit Kamado S6

Well maybe one day I will actually see one. One thing is for sure. I can't drop a half ton or more of George Washingtons on something I have never seen or have no clue on. If like you I find a deal on a used one I will definitely give it very serious consideration. Is there any way for live embers to leave the kettle on one of those? It looks like on that one I linked there could be a way for live embers to escape. Which means it would definitely NOT be an "on the wood deck" grill.
I’ve never had an issue with escaping embers. My patio is surrounded by shredded bark which is basically kindling. I’ve done overnight cooks without issue or concern of lighting the backyard on fire.

I think there's someone/multiple someones from Weber on here?

Here's a freebie to thank you: tell Weber's Marketing team to get on that SEO for the term "WSK'. Even "WSK Weber" only got results from this site.

I’ve never had an issue with escaping embers. My patio is surrounded by shredded bark which is basically kindling. I’ve done overnight cooks without issue or concern of lighting the backyard on fire.
Some of that depends on the charcoal, I think, and on the wind. I've used mesquite lump that sparked and popped, especially when first starting to light, and I don't use coal on a windy day...just common sense to me, but YMMV. You could always use a mat on a wooden deck, but we've stayed at AirBNB cabins with charcoal burns on the deck (many ABNB places prohibit charcoal BBQs), and I (EDIT: probably) wouldn't risk it myself if I had a deck...but again, YMMV , I'm sure people do it all the time.

Last edited:
Call me a little over paranoid but I've known folks who's houses burned to the ground due to a loose charcoal ember. So unless truly fully contained it's a reason why I shied away from coal burning. Perhaps if I get that patio installed next summer, I might just go the route. Until then gas and pellet are my "go to". I know nothing that actually uses fire of any type to cook is not 100% "safe", But, I still try to limit the chnces

Kamado Kamado. They all behave somewhat differently. The WSK has a rapid vent that allows you to up temps real fast. And you can burp it and dial down temps real fast too. All from my experiences.

I don’t believe other Kamados can respond as quickly, either up or down in temps.

All cars may have 4 wheels. All cars do not behave the same. That’s what I can say about the WSK. Green eggs are very slow to respond and if you overshoot, you’re kinda screwed.

The WSK has a lot more range and control is how I’d define it’s characteristics.
Yes. So true. Lowering the temp of a ceramic kamado is difficult. I imagine weber quality and customer seevice to be miles and levels above char-griller

You got pictures of your setup? I would like to see it.

Sorry, I kinda forgot you asked about pics of my modified S6...here ya go...warm enough today (above freezing) so T-shirt and winter BBQ weather again. Doing some smashburgers on the Blackstone.

So, you can see I cut off the angled heat guard under the table section (as I no longer have the gas regulator under there to protect) but left the section on the vertical leg to mount the umbrella holder bolts.

The three bolts (vertically spaced) you see on the front edge are there to hold a metal tube (I have some keyhole notches cut into it) which I then insert an old gold umbrella into for raining (snowing) days...

Just to the right of the three bolts (open area to left of shelves) is where I put all my grates and accessories when I change things around for different cooking setups. The little hooks under there just hold more accessories where they can't drip on the decking etc.

I removed the (what I thought was very poor quality) factory shelf and added a much larger two layer, full extension shelf/self closing shelf unit. Added plastic walls around it to keep the blowing snow and rain out. I love having all the extra storage space.

Oh yeah...and the hole that was left when I removed the gas control knob mechanism I replaced with a bottle opener... because who does not need a bottle opener at the grill, right !?!

1706393563641.pngre

Little closer look at the bolts for the umbrella holder tube...

1706394972681.png

Last edited:
I watched smoking dad bbq and he didn't do any mods to make it fit.
I watched that too- curious if the WSC and newer model WSK are different? It most definitely didn’t fit my WSC- I borrowed one just to test it before I bought one. No go.

There is a rotisserie made for the WSC/ WSK but it needs to be imported from Europe- around $320 USD.

Here are some photos of my attempt with the joetisserie:

IMG_6910.jpegIMG_6909.jpegIMG_6895.jpegtrim.991EC5C4-C2A5-4F92-88EF-B063FE4F49A7.gif

Last edited:

Back