Curb Alert !!!

No. Wish for a friend but no chance. All yours
Nope, fighting the urge with every ounce of fortitude. I have too many other projects and expenses in front of me, and taking on another monstrosity grill is not on my "A" list. Five years ago? All you would see is the vapor trail of my Highlander on 90 going supersonic to get there and make that beauty my own. But I am older, wiser, and more disciplined now :D

Nope, fighting the urge with every ounce of fortitude. I have too many other projects and expenses in front of me, and taking on another monstrosity grill is not on my "A" list. Five years ago? All you would see is the vapor trail of my Highlander on 90 going supersonic to get there and make that beauty my own. But I am older, wiser, and more disciplined now :D

So you’re telling us there is hope for a cure for Weberitis?

I'm considering a two hour drive for a platinum 1000. I'm trying to get more pics but sometimes it's hard to motivate the seller to take more pics when it's listed for $0. The dark picture of the lid looks bad and at this point I would consider it not salvageable for restoration if I can't get more pics. Could be just dirty but I'd have to expect the worst and hope for the best. Maybe worth the gamble. If the lid is good it would be a huge score for free and if the lid was not perfect or good enough for high level restoration it would still be cool for an everyday grill and I'd have to make the drive expecting the worst and being ok with that.

She’s a bit rough, went hoping for decent frame and tables. Black Mica lid that looks very dirty, but pretty promising! Frame is a bit rusty but lots of good stuff on it.

Attachments

• IMG_7341.png
    IMG_7341.png
    736.1 KB · Views: 13
So you’re telling us there is hope for a cure for Weberitis?
I'm beginning to think so. Don't get me wrong. That $200 keeps burning hotter and hotter, just poured water down my pants :D Hoping to cool the "burn" :D
Seriously though, as sought after as those are I am shocked no one is rushing to Beloit to snag it. I'd lay odds it could be had for even less and what's worst case? All that 304 has to be worth it in scrap.

I'm considering a two hour drive for a platinum 1000. I'm trying to get more pics but sometimes it's hard to motivate the seller to take more pics when it's listed for $0. The dark picture of the lid looks bad and at this point I would consider it not salvageable for restoration if I can't get more pics. Could be just dirty but I'd have to expect the worst and hope for the best. Maybe worth the gamble. If the lid is good it would be a huge score for free and if the lid was not perfect or good enough for high level restoration it would still be cool for an everyday grill and I'd have to make the drive expecting the worst and being ok with that.
The green lids are pretty good about surviving the sun, but we're talking about Arizona now versus Washington State.

Back