Cuban pork butt. Happy smoke day 2020

How did you like the Creekstone butt?
Time will tell on the flavor. Its definitely on the small end of their 6-9 lb range. I didn't weigh it but I'd be shocked if it was over 6.25. Very nice marbleing but as it's a small butt the money muscle is pretty tiny and wouldn't be usable in a comp. I bought the butt/st Louis combo a few weeks back and they were pretty backed up but things arrived well packed and cold. I was impressed with the ribs. Nice straight bones, great marbleing, came out very juicy and I hardly had to trim at all. I might give them a go in comps, once we get going again of course.

great looking pork! (and t-shirt!)
what... do you have in the background in the white bowl?
cucumbers and onions salad?? eet.gif
1590412150148.png

That plated pic says it all, and I'd probably eat at least TWO! Thanks, Gary, for sharing, and keep up the good work!

Cheers!

great looking pork! (and t-shirt!)
what... do you have in the background in the white bowl?
cucumbers and onions salad?? View attachment 5650
View attachment 5649
Sorry I'm just now seeing this. It was just a butter lettuce salad with cucumber and caesar. The wife does her darndest to get the veggies in me. And thanks everyone for the kind words. I am really liking trying to find new flavors and combos to enjoy cooking on the webers more often especially now that it's getting warm.

what is the attachment you have on the grill? What is that metal tube?
That is a top rack that I put together using a mount for a small green egg from smokeware and a smokey joe grate. It swivels out of the way when needed and works great for a couple extra racks of spares(trimmed to comp size). That is the just the lower piece as the top wasn't needed that day. Check it out in action in this photo. 20190616_093620_1560703336372.jpeg20190616_093732_1560703336959.jpeg

Genius. Very smart which explains why you are smoking a Cuban Pork Shoulder in the first place. Thanks for responding.

Last edited:

Back