CraigsList Score!!!

Bobby P

TVWBB Super Fan
I've been searching craigslist for well over a year now looking for someone to post a 22.5" wsm :wsm22: for sale. I have come by a few, but they were either too far away or the seller was asking to much for the condition it was in. Well my search is over I found one a few towns over from me and it was in immaculate condition. It seems the seller Chris had used it only a hand full of times before he moved into a condo unit. He said it was too much of a hassle using it now. So he decided to sell it. He also included all the accessories and wood chunks he had. I made out like a bandit :cool:. We made some small talk as we loading up my pickup and I could tell he was feeling sellers remorse. So I handed him the cash to ease his wounds. Then I shook his hand, and took off before he could change his mind. So this is what I ended up with: 22.5" WSM, 2 Big Green Egg grill extenders, rib rack, remote grill/meat thermometer, stainless injector, silicon gloves, welders gloves, stainless serving tray, a chimney starter, 2 bags of Kingsford Competition, 1 bag of Kingsford blue, and a box full of wood chunks consisting of cherry, apple, hickory, and oak. The seller originally wanted $425 for all this but we agreed on $350 after a little haggling. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning now. I'm drinking my morning cup of joe as I type this up wondering what I'm going to throw on for my first smoke. Here are a few pics of my score.

You made out like a bandit on that, you could at least take the guy a rack of ribs later on to make up for it .... :D

You made out like a bandit on that, you could at least take the guy a rack of ribs later on to make up for it .... :D

Don I really did make out like bandit. I just checked out those BGE grill extenders, and they go for $50 a piece.

Fired it up yesterday for the first time. It held the temp of 225 like a champ. After tinkering around with it for a while I threw on a whole chicken and a rack of baby back ribs.

Wow, that thing looks spotless inside and out! Judging by the reflections on the inside in this shot, I bet he cleaned it up pre-sale.
22wsm7.jpg

Back