Cover for 2002 Genesis Gold C

Kate Atkinson

Hello!

I’ve just completed a light touch restoration of my trusty 2002 Weber Genesis Gold C.

So glad I’ve found this community as I live in Australia and we do lots of BBQ- in fact I’ve baked all the kids birthday as well as Christmas cakes in it!

I’m looking for a replacement cover as the original cover is now obsolete. Getting a custom made cover is going to be expensive so I am looking at current Weber options which need to be approximately 66 wide.

Questions:
1. What part number would best fit?
2. Is the quality OK? (old cover has lasted 20 years and is nice and thick with a mesh vent strip. It’s tailored to fit too.)

Thanks for your input!

I bought a King Kong #7552 cover for my Silver C and it seemed to fit really well (bought it on Amazon). I just got it last Summer so no idea how long it will last but it seems to be pretty well made. I *have* noticed condensation under the cover and even inside the grill during certain weather events when it's more humid so not sure I will keep the cover on all the time. In winter the air is drier so not much of a problem - but in summer I may end up leaving it off so the grill can dry.

The newer Weber covers are light weight and breathe. That apparently justifies not having a vent anymore. I personally like them, but some do not because they are not heavy-weight material like the old ones. They are much less likely to trap moisture in the way John G has experienced with the thicker King Kong cover.

On Amazon in the US, this the link for the exact fit Weber cover (#7552):

Weber 7552 Premium Cover, Fits Weber Genesis Silver/Gold Gas Grills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WEMG2O/?tag=tvwb-20

Kate,

I also like the older "rubberized" Weber covers with the vents front and rear and have been running them for almost 25 years on all my Weber's.

The older model cover you are looking for is Weber #9859 and it fits the following Weber grills-
Weber Genesis Silver C, Genesis Gold B and C, and Genesis 2000-5500 gas grills
It fits grills approximately 54 inches wide, 27 inches deep, and 45 inches tall

Keep an eye on Craigslist as they appear from time-to-time.

Jeff

I have had good luck with the UniCook brand from Amazon. Search for 65 or 66 inch grill covers and you will find many options.

I bought a King Kong #7552 cover for my Silver C and it seemed to fit really well (bought it on Amazon). I just got it last Summer so no idea how long it will last but it seems to be pretty well made. I *have* noticed condensation under the cover and even inside the grill during certain weather events when it's more humid so not sure I will keep the cover on all the time. In winter the air is drier so not much of a problem - but in summer I may end up leaving it off so the grill can dry.
Thank you John!
Mine is kept under the verandah and I keep its cover on all the time - even in the summer as it can be very dusty.
I've just ordered a 7552 cover from Amazon and very excited! Should get it by 21st so will post some pics up then!

Last edited:
The newer Weber covers are light weight and breathe. That apparently justifies not having a vent anymore. I personally like them, but some do not because they are not heavy-weight material like the old ones. They are much less likely to trap moisture in the way John G has experienced with the thicker King Kong cover.

Weber 7552 Premium Cover, Fits Weber Genesis Silver/Gold Gas Grills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WEMG2O/?tag=tvwb-20
Thanks Jon - just ordered a new cover from Amazon :)

Kate,

I also like the older "rubberized" Weber covers with the vents front and rear and have been running them for almost 25 years on all my Weber's.

The older model cover you are looking for is Weber #9859 and it fits the following Weber grills-
Weber Genesis Silver C, Genesis Gold B and C, and Genesis 2000-5500 gas grills
It fits grills approximately 54 inches wide, 27 inches deep, and 45 inches tall

Keep an eye on Craigslist as they appear from time-to-time.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff - will do - maybe if one comes up I'll get it as I think I'm going to much prefer the heavier original cover than the new one Ive just ordered from Amazon. I did consider trying to mend the old cover but the fabric is coming apart from the backing in several places now and looks a bit worn out so have splurged on a new cover!

I've just ordered a 7552 cover from Amazon and very excited! Should get it by 21st so will post some pics up then!
Kate, I got the King Kong version it is quality and fits perfect. Currently 45.00, I had that newer style Weber cover and it was horrible after 1 year it was faded into oblivion had bought it for my daughters 1000. Bought the the King Kong when I did the Silver C for myself its still in great shape purchased in April of 2001.
Kingkong 7552 Cover for Weber Genesis Silver/Gold / 2000-5500 Gas Grills, Black

Thank you John!
Mine is kept under the verandah and I keep its cover on all the time - even in the summer as it can be very dusty.
Just received my new Weber cover - model 7552 which according to the box should fit my Genesis Gold C - but it doesn’t!!
You’ll see from the photos it’s not wide enough to sit on the two tray tables and don’t want to stretch the stitching too much - so shall need to return.

Attachments

• A7CB2C8C-B4AB-4E04-A065-AFD780B56480.jpeg
    A7CB2C8C-B4AB-4E04-A065-AFD780B56480.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 575BC95E-399E-460F-9ABC-7F4F10E86D5B.jpeg
    575BC95E-399E-460F-9ABC-7F4F10E86D5B.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 4
Just received my new Weber cover - model 7552 which according to the box should fit my Genesis Gold C - but it doesn’t!!
You’ll see from the photos it’s not wide enough to sit on the two tray tables and don’t want to stretch the stitching too much - so shall need to return.
That's really crazy. I am almost certain I bought one of those for my Silver C and back then it fit. It should then also fit a Gold C. I am really sorry my advice didn't work out for you! :(

Thank you John!
You’ll see from the photos it’s not wide enough to sit on the tray tables and don’t want to stretch the stitching too much - so shall need to return.
That's really crazy. I am almost certain I bought one of those for my Silver C and back then it fit. It should then also fit a Gold C. I am really sorry my advice didn't work out for you! :(

Isn’t it a mystery?!!
No need to apologise though as the item description on Amazon said it would fit so don’t understand why it doesn’t . I should have double checked the actual measurements in hindsight.
The only thing I can think of is that my Australian model is a very early one or maybe not the same as those sold in the US . No worries

Isn’t it a mystery?!!
No need to apologise though as the item description on Amazon said it would fit so don’t understand why it doesn’t . I should have double checked the actual measurements in hindsight.
The only thing I can think of is that my Australian model is a very early one or maybe not the same as those sold in the US . No worries

What is the left-to-right width of your Gold C?

I have a Silver C in the garage and I can measure, if I can get to it. If I'm not back in 30 mins, call a search party :)

Kate, I got the King Kong version it is quality and fits perfect. Currently 45.00, I had that newer style Weber cover and it was horrible after 1 year it was faded into oblivion had bought it for my daughters 1000. Bought the the King Kong when I did the Silver C for myself its still in great shape purchased in April of 2001.
Kingkong 7552 Cover for Weber Genesis Silver/Gold / 2000-5500 Gas Grills, Black
I also bought this KingKong 7552 cover for our 2005 Silver C in June of 2020 and I can confirm that it fits well and seems well made. I can't understand why the Weber 7552 would be any different...???

Last edited:

Back