Country style spare ribs Boneless

Ed Cardoza

TVWBB Pro
Ok all you country style ribs cookers, any suggestions on smoking boneless country style spares? Looking for methods as well as Cooking temps and internal temps information.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help yesterday on these boneless country style ribs. They turned out great.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Hi Ed.
I was working this weekend and I just noticed you post. CSR'S or "country style ribs " either bone in or bone out are cuts from somewhere around the shoulder. I think you might have thrown a few folks off when you described them as " Country style spare ribs " It doesent really matter as that could be the way your supermarket labeled them. I'm glad they turned out great for you!!
I've done them on the grill and the WSM, would you care to share your method? as I'm all about trying new Ideas.

Tim

Sorry dude. Working this weekend. Glad they turned out well. I usually just rub and smoke for about 3 hours at around 250. If I'm feeling saucy, I sauce and throw on the grill direct to set the sauce.

Didn't notice your post the 1st time nor do I have experience on that cut of meat yet. Been there where I didn't get any hits, just reply to your message "bump need help". Don't give up there are some great guys here! However I have noticed the weekends can be slow due to everyone Q'n!

Got any pics and or details of your cook?

Regards,

Glenn W.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed Cardoza:
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help yesterday on these boneless country style ribs. They turned out great.
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't you take a hint Ed?
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gerry D.:
Sorry dude. Working this weekend. Glad they turned out well. I usually just rub and smoke for about 3 hours at around 250. If I'm feeling saucy, I sauce and throw on the grill direct to set the sauce. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerry, that is exactly what I did. I seasoned them with my favorite rub, then place them in the cooker at 250* for 2 1/2 hours. Sauced them at the end with some Georgia BBQ sauce that a friend from Georgia sent to me, and they turned out awesome.

http://s1004.photobucket.com/a...54/Country%20Spares/

They look great Ed!

I think 'country style pork ribs' may vary by region.
Around here, bone-in style has loin attached, and the boneless is cut from the shoulder/butt area.

Back