Country style ribs help

Frank Licata

TVWBB Fan
Want to try my hand at country style ribs for 4th of July. Any guidance, recipes, advice would be much appreciated. I'm not even sure if my local supermarkets carry it. Not sure what times and temps. Thanks in advance.

I took the following from AmazingRibs.com. Hope this helps. I've never cooked them before.

"Country-style ribs (a.k.a. Country Ribs). Country-style ribs (a.k.a. Country Ribs). Country-style ribs are not really ribs. They are really pork chops, more meaty and less fatty than real ribs, and should be cooked like chops, not ribs. They are cut from the front end of the baby backs near the shoulder and a tray of country-style ribs in the grocery store might contain a rib or two but more than likely they there will be a section of shoulder blade. Because they vary in size and thickness, they are hard to cook to an even doneness. Depending on how they are cut, a serving will be one or two country ribs. For big hungry men, perhaps three. They respond well to brining before low and slow cooking."

Back