Country style pork ribs ?

Sometimes you'll see " Pork Shoulder" or " Pork Loin" country style ribs.
The ones from the loin end of the shoulder you can treat like pork chops: quick grill.

I know now your meat labelling (nomenclature) can vary throughout in the USA , in Canada a country style rib is the cut taken from the pork rib ( prime rib ) of the pork loin . The pork loin rib is a very underrated cut , because of the marbling it is excellent as a chop or a rib especially barbequed .

Last edited:
An internet search " what are country style ribs " gives results that vary from being from the loin, to the shoulder, to being beef and cut from the chuck eye roll.

An internet search " what are country style ribs " gives results that vary from being from the loin, to the shoulder, to being beef and cut from the chuck eye roll.
Glad you got that sorted out, Lynn! :ROFLMAO: According to my butcher, a TRUE country style pork rib is cut from the end of the loin near the shoulder. Like you, though, I see plenty of shoulder cut up in to "rib" shapes and labelled country style ribs. Unfortunately, the way you would approach cooking both of these is very different! ....I've never even heard of a beef country style rib! :)

Rich

Yea, I think it's more about where you at? Here in the upper midwest when stores have butts on sale they'll slice a bunch up for CSR's.
An easy way to tell loin from shoulder is color. loin ones are pink like a chop and shoulder are red like a butt.

Back