Couldn't pass up a deal, No Brainer 14.5" purchase at Wal-Mart

AbeLos

TVWBB Member
After seeing the posts in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum; I checked out Brickseek to see if i could get one for $99. I saw one in my general vicinity for $50, so I headed out there to see if it was actually there and whether or not it was a floor model that had some damage. Lo and behold, I ended up finding it, the box was a little rough and it looked like it might have been opened, so I asked if I could give it a quick glance to see if all the parts looked like it was in there. Looked good so I got it. Wife's not going to like it since I just bought a 22" WSM and a Performer within the last 2 months, oh well:D:D:D.

Last edited:
there is absolutely zero, nill, zilch way you could pass up a $50 WSM. That is an absolute steal.

I have the 22.5 and love it, but also have a family of 5 that I sometimes just want one chicken or some wings to smoke. If I saw this for $50 it would be in the cart so fast.

Congrats on a great deal Abe. If I saw a WSM at that price I doubt that my wife would complain at all. It would be home NOW.

Smokin' deal! (pun intended)

I just bought one for $99, and I'm super happy with that price. But $50 is the best I have ever seen for one new in the box. Great find!

Nice score, I'm waiting on them to go down a few more dollars here in Houston. They aren't selling them at $99 so I'm hoping they drop it some more.

Wow $50. I would have jumped on that as well plus you get a travel Smokey Joe for the away picnics and such.

I picked up one for $50 today at Walmart. It was missing the legs and the handle. Weber customer service came through on the missing parts.

Remember Abe, it's always easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

HAHA!!! So very true. Anyway, I got the typical "why?" question and my response was "why not?", then I showed her the box with the $200 tag and the $50 tag, and all was good. She likes a good sale.

I scored a display model already assembled for $50 also!!!! Checked it out and all seems good to go. Even has the manual and cover inside.

Now to start the mods! Lol

I was tempted to find a nib if I could, but don't see anything wrong with the already assembled one I got today.

Just need to fire it up soon.

I got one last week for $100 as well. They also had a deluxe kettle pizza that was almost half off. My Walmart never has those so I'm guessing someone ordered it site to store make never showed up. Needless to say I'm stoked about my purchases

If your Walmart hasn't dropped the price to 99$yet it should soon. I work at Walmart an been waiting on this. Ours are finally down to 99 so I'll get one soon. Got a performer for 150$ back in February.

Best I saw was $90.00 back in Michigan. Couldn't bring it home in the car, unless I tied the wife to the roof.

Thanks to an obvious screw up by Walmart I picked up a floor model yesterday for 34.84. It doesn't have a scratch on it and everything was in it including the manual and cover. I couldn't text my wife fast enough when I saw it sitting there.

Last edited:
Just got mine for $70+tax. Thought about waiting (it was still only marked down to $99), but talked the guy into discounting further. Figured that was good enough since it was the only one and anywhere else I checked wouldn't go below $99. :cool:

Back