Costco sale on LG fridge freezer with two ice makers $2k on sale

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
We bought this model in 2020 after a fairly horrible KA ownership experience that ran 6 years or pure he\\.

Costco has it on sale for $2k, which is an incredible deal compared to other retailers.

For us, best part is the two ice makes, one in the drawer and one in the door.

Couldn't be happier so I figured I share this sale if anyone is in the market.

Use the Costco credit card and warrant becomes 2x plus the cash back component.

We bought this model in 2020 after a fairly horrible KA ownership experience that ran 6 years or pure he\\.

Costco has it on sale for $2k, which is an incredible deal compared to other retailers.

For us, best part is the two ice makes, one in the drawer and one in the door.

Couldn't be happier so I figured I share this sale if anyone is in the market.

Use the Costco credit card and warrant becomes 2x plus the cash back component.
My KA fridge was installed in 2003, and other than a fidgety ice maker, has been pretty flawless for 19 years. Luck of the draw I guess. I just assume it will give up the ghost any day now, and likely when it's REALLY hot! :)

Thanks for the head's up!

R

Weird you had issues with KA. The Whirlpool brands are typically the best fridges going. With LG and Samsung typically not good at all. Though my my brother has a Samsung he's had for quite awhile. It survived a direct lightning hit to his house and the resulting fire that burned the entire 2nd floor off his home, the water and stuff as well. Still going strong

My KA fridge was installed in 2003, and other than a fidgety ice maker, has been pretty flawless for 19 years. Luck of the draw I guess. I just assume it will give up the ghost any day now, and likely when it's REALLY hot! :)

Thanks for the head's up!

R
my '02 installed when the hosue was new is still chugging away in the garage now. zero issues over 20 years. however, when we bought a new french door KA, the disaster began. no ice. leaking door. overflowing water from underneath. no ice. didn't hold temp. stop cooling. no ice. did i mention no ice production?

Weird you had issues with KA. The Whirlpool brands are typically the best fridges going. With LG and Samsung typically not good at all. Though my my brother has a Samsung he's had for quite awhile. It survived a direct lightning hit to his house and the resulting fire that burned the entire 2nd floor off his home, the water and stuff as well. Still going strong
my entire kitchen is KA appliances. their french door bottom freezer ones are a disaster and from what i read two years ago, the problems still persist. i even had KA replace my first french door unit with a new french door unit under warranty. that unit eventually stopped cooling and KA had to do a field swap of the entire coil system. when it died the last time, i elected no more warranty repairs. it was just more time efficient to just buy this LG one. i was reluctant at first but bough from Costco due to their exceptional warranty and customer service. we are BEYOND happy with this exact unit, thus i shared this post, after two years of successful and problem free ownership. and it has two ice makers. that's a lot of frozen margs. just saying.

Why does a fridge need WiFi ?
tells you when to replace filters and such. and it can alert you if the door is left ajar. i get a report each month of times opened for each cabinet. and i can set setting on the unit via phone. needed? no. nice to have. yes. i'm okay with it. we have wifi lightbulbs and smart lamps, garage door, cameras and such. it makes life easier to have access to what's going on at all times. a little bit of safety and precaution.

one of my homes, for example, had a water leak. water co notified me. i was bale to determine the water leak was outside the home because the smart thermostat was reading 16% inside humidity. if humidity was above 30% on this home, i would have know i had a leak inside the home. so technology can be helpful and useful.

My 2017 KA side by side is great. I prefer a SxS over a French door.

The whirlpool it replaced was 19 years old. Still worked well but was a power hog compared to the new one.

My 2017 KA side by side is great. I prefer a SxS over a French door.

The whirlpool it replaced was 19 years old. Still worked well but was a power hog compared to the new one.
same. my old KA is S/S. works like a champ and keeps ice cream super hard and cold. we're on SMUD so the price to run it isn't that much for us. and with 4-6 for dinner often, both units keep a full stash weekly.

I fear my 2006 KA fridge isn’t long for this world, food is freezing on the top shelf. Ice maker works but won’t dispense. ($$$ to fix) My Frigidaire upright 14 cu.ft. freezer (same age) just died too. Just got a replacement (GE) last week. Good to have frosted mugs again! Next was a trip to Wild Fork! Still have a ways to go!
9A7AC9E7-C708-4257-B7F5-784BA34D9820.jpeg
584340C8-62A5-4CC7-A212-F022117D2545.jpeg

Back