Cornbread with cream corn question

Richard in NS

TVWBB Wizard
I have always made cornbread from a recipe that does not include cream corn. I have seen a couple of recipes that call for it. Does it make it more moist or flavourful?
Let me open up the hornets nest and ask what people think is best. 😀

Anyone have a good recipe for creamed corn cornbread? I’ve tried a couple but am still looking for a better one.

For a simple option, Wife and I use Jiffy mix with a third to half can of creamed corn mixed in.

About 10-12 years ago, I remember getting some sort of cornbread mix in the store from Chi Chi Grill. It was sweet and very good. Just now I was curious if it was still available so I did a search for "chi chi grill sweet cornbread". I see a bunch of copycat recipes and the first one I clicked on is this:

Looking at the ingredients, it's Jiffy corn bread mix, sugar, can of cream corn, and butter.

Unfortunately I can only find the Jiffy mix here in Canada at Amazon.ca and it is $14 for a 8.5 oz box. Tooooo Much $. I might just try substituting cream corn for the milk in my recipe.

I was having trouble locating that in my cookbook and, got flummoxed attaching it!
It’s really good I can’t believe you can’t get Jiffy for less than that but, it might be the shipping to NS that’s the killer?
I have another one (actually Jiffy is not critical, use whatever is available)...
363706EF-F53C-4F9A-AC43-BB86D0F06391.png

Back