Converting Weber Spirit e310

Sean Pennington

Hey everyone, I accidentally purchased a natural gas version and need a propane version. It’s too late to return it, so that’s not an option.

Based on what I’ve read (thanks to this forum), the best option is to replace the entire manifold, correct? I’m handy enough with screwdrivers, wrenches etc, but is this “safe” for me to do? I know Weber won’t advise it or sell a kit.

Whoops.

There is obviously some risk of blowing yourself up, but really very, very little if you are smart about it. Agree with replacing entire manifold. Check for leaks with soap and water sprayed on the connections before you fire it up. Smell for gas. Get good parts. Read the forums.

I generally suggest saving the unused parts if you can. They might come in handy years down the road.

Hey everyone, I accidentally purchased a natural gas version and need a propane version. It’s too late to return it, so that’s not an option.

Based on what I’ve read (thanks to this forum), the best option is to replace the entire manifold, correct? I’m handy enough with screwdrivers, wrenches etc, but is this “safe” for me to do? I know Weber won’t advise it or sell a kit.
Hi, you should be able to do it with a propane manifold assembly with valves. You will need to figure how and where to mount the tank.

You might want consider selling the grill as is depending on how the math works for you

I agree with possibly selling it-assuming it is new. You will need to put a couple hundred into the conversion and then you will have no warranty. If you do decide to buy another new one, consider the one with the sear station-you will not regret it.

Unfortunately new or not, once it changes hands there is no warranty to the buyer. So honestly certainly nowhere near the $600 IMO

If it is unused and you did not register it, the new owner can get warrantee coverage. If you can get $400 for it, you are at about a break even and have a new warranted product. If it is used at all, the value drops.

You will probably be out less money if you just buy the necessary parts and convert it. It should be totally safe to do since you would be using Weber parts, no more dangerous than replacing the burner tubes.

Less than 200 in parts and maybe an hour in time to swap everything out.

Manifold, hose with regulator, tank scale:

Keep the NG parts so you can swap back if you move where you have NG.

And re the warranty. If you need warranty unless they send a goon squad there to look at it or you say something to them. How would they know you changed it?

And re the warranty. If you need warranty unless they send a goon squad there to look at it or you say something to them. How would they know you changed it?
Weber rep if he buys parts from them: "Our records indicate that he registered a NG Spirit and then immediately purchased the correct manifold to convert such a Spirit to LP. Interesting."

Unless someone comes out to look at it how would they know what fuel he's running? So flavorizer bars fail. Order new under warranty. What's the difference? Also I doubt Weber can or will X Reference the s/n to what you purchase.
Sure if the manifold fails somehow of course it will not match. But that and the fuel hoses are the only things matched to a s/n.

You will probably be out less money if you just buy the necessary parts and convert it. It should be totally safe to do since you would be using Weber parts, no more dangerous than replacing the burner tubes.
Yes except that Weber will not sell him the necessary parts. Its a nat gas grill they will not sell him the parts to convert it to much liability on their part. Dan posted the parts from someone other than Weber should not be a problem to buy the parts but again throw the warranty out the window.

Outside of trying to file a claim for a fire, I don't see how Weber would know he swapped manifolds.
Exactly. I think everyone is missing the point. That grill is not like you buy a new car, mod the heck out of it then try to claim warranty because you blew the engine with a 250 nitrous shot. Part rusts out? Show them the photo or whatever they want, send it in and go on with life, Burner foes bad........they send you a new one (or set). How would they know what was run in it? For that matter, what difference would it make?

Back