Converted a Silver A frame into a mobile miter saw stand

Another suggestion. Add plywood covers to the two side shelves and shim up the saw to the same height with the same plywood. Hinges on the back so you can flip them up and still mount your grinder on there. My 2 cents worth. 😀

Install a Generator in the cabinet and make it a job site saw.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Another suggestion. Add plywood covers to the two side shelves and shim up the saw to the same height with the same plywood. Hinges on the back so you can flip them up and still mount your grinder on there. My 2 cents worth. 😀
That sounds cool, but it's an 8" grinder and weighs a ton. I wouldn't be able to flip it out of the way, would probably flip the cart over.
I'll actually be using the grinder more than the saw, so it's nice to have it there. I used to use my angle grinder for everything, but the bench grinder is going to be really nice for a lot of stuff.

That sounds cool, but it's an 8" grinder and weighs a ton. I wouldn't be able to flip it out of the way, would probably flip the cart over.
I'll actually be using the grinder more than the saw, so it's nice to have it there. I used to use my angle grinder for everything, but the bench grinder is going to be really nice for a lot of stuff.

Hey Kyle, I hear you. I bought a new bench grinder a month ago at 50% off. Have not got it set up yet as I want to build a new bench. My old one died last summer and I miss it, even though I have an angle grinder like you. I am sure you will find lots of uses for it. Enjoy! 😀

Kyle great idea on the miter stand and storage. One thing yo remember about a grinder you must dress the wheels to keep them level and square.

Kyle great idea on the miter stand and storage. One thing yo remember about a grinder you must dress the wheels to keep them level and square.
Hmmmm, what does this mean? I've always just bolted the grinder on a workbench and that's it. Is there an adjustment screw(s) on there or should I just use a level and move the cart around until it's level?

After giving my dad an E-310 I rehabbed, he gave me his old Silver A two burner. It had a rusted out floor, and the grates, burners and bars were all worn out.

The market for the older grills in my area isn't big so rather than trying to rehab and sell it I salvaged some parts I might be able to use on other grills and junked the lid and firebox.

I'm not a big woodworker, but I do cut a lot of wood for projects around the house. I've always just thrown my miter saw down on the driveway and worked from the ground, so I figured why not make a mobile stand with the frame?

I got lucky with the feet of the saw lining up with the grill frame. All I had to do was drill four holes in the frame and mount using some 1/4" bolts.

Here's how it looks so far.

View attachment 8843View attachment 8844View attachment 8845View attachment 8846

Going to make a floor out of left over cedar planks and will also try to get the SS doors mounted back to the cabinet. Going to store my smaller saws and saw blades in the cabinet.

Also going to make a pretty thick top for the sides. Unsure how exactly I'll mount the sides to the top of frame.

These frames are nice and solid. I could see them being very useful for turning into a mobile prep cart to park next to your grill or even would make a nice cart to sit your Q grill on top of.

Will post more pictures in the future as I get the other pieces mounted.
That looks great. I just picked up a freebie to rehab yesterday exactly like yours. But it's missing the condiment holder that you have. PM me if you'd consider selling it to me. Thanks.

Hmmmm, what does this mean? I've always just bolted the grinder on a workbench and that's it. Is there an adjustment screw(s) on there or should I just use a level and move the cart around until it's level?
When you use the grinder you are not always working with flat or square materials so when you grind round stock say that will put a groove in your wheel surface. They make a dressing tool that cleans up the wheel and squares up the wheel face. So when you grind say a lawn mower blade you will complete contact edge to edge making a smooth edge and faster too.

Back