Coney Island Dogs

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I made another batch of the chili I used on the Rusty Dawg post I did a few weeks ago. We just love the stuff. Decided to do some quick Coney Island Dogs with some of it. I know that authentic Coney Island dogs are made by steaming the dogs and the buns. As this is a bbq/grilling forum I decided to do them on the grill. I guess I should call this thread Faux Coney Island Dogs! I don't think these dogs would fit in our steamer anyway. Just onion, yellow mustard and chopped onion on the dogs. Made a macaroni salad to go along with it.

These are foot long dogs and buns.

My chili.

Wow, these are delicious! You need a bib to eat them, but what the heck. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Those dogs look superb, same with the chili! I've got to get some dogs and make some Chicago style dogs.

My favorite kind of dog, chili dog. Well done my friend. Oh and I have had the real Coney's several times and it tastes better on the grill

Man those look amazing Cliff. I'm surmising you did them on the Jumbo Joe??
Wondering how you like the Craycorts on the Jumbo??

Man those look amazing Cliff. I'm surmising you did them on the Jumbo Joe??
Wondering how you like the Craycorts on the Jumbo??

I really like the Craycort CI grates and accessories. The only problem I've had with Craycort is 3 out of 4 of my orders had either missing items or defective items. I will say they made good on everything and I've enjoyed them ever since.

Back