Comfort food. Three cheese mac, chicken leg quarters and Chinese eggplant babaganoush.

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Olympian
White cheddar, sharp cheddar and mozz all cubed up and melted in a 1/1 roux, whole milk and stir.

1654479713533.jpeg

Leg quarters in homemade Italian dressing after the chicken was lightly salt brined.

1654479773598.jpeg

Chinese eggplants roasted on the bbq then direct fire for some smoke flavor. Mayo, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and lemon juice.

1654479821201.jpeg

Nailed the babaganoush.
thanks. it was the first time i used Chinese eggplants for this. i did so because the skins are thin and the eggplants quickly cook. and i didn't have to remove the "meat" from the skins which takes too long sometimes (I got lazy yesterday). ran it all through the food processor.

do note, the Chinese eggplants, with their skins are sweeter in flavor than traditional purple eggplants. the flavor profile was spot on, just slightly sweeter. the lemon acid really helps cut the sweetness and the salt balances it all out. nice, smoky, smooth and a little creamy. will use these again in the future with all the time savings and good taste.

Back