Columbus Day Pecan Smoked Pork Steaks

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
I was one of the lucky ones that didn’t have to work today so I had all day to just mess around
and BBQ. I bought 2 pork steaks cut 1 ½ inch thick per my request. They were marinated for 8
hours in Bone Suckin Sauce. I seasoned each with a different rub, since I wasn’t real sure on what
flavor I wanted. Since I like both rubs decided to run a test with the pork steak.
DSC_8447.jpg

They were put onto the smoker with several small chunks of pecan wood. Water pan was filled
about ¾ full. Shooting for a temperature of 225 – 235.
DSC_8457.jpg

3 ½ hours and they are just about done. I had foiled them at the 2 1/2 hour mark. Both received
a little bit of glaze. Temperature throughout the cook sat between 225 and 230 the whole time.
DSC_8461.jpg

Steaks are done at the 4 hour mark. Internal temperature was right at 185. Tented to rest until
the rest of dinner was ready.
DSC_8463.jpg

Plated with some boxed cheesy shells and corn.
DSC_8465.jpg

The pork steaks were melt in your mouth delicious! Out of the 2 rubs I preferred the Head Country.
The BBQ Rub was good but the Head Country one was more flavorful.

Thanks for looking!

Mike, they can paste this picture on my grave stone.

DSC_8457.jpg

If that isn't Heaven, i wanna stay here forever!

Nice cookin' buddy!

Looks like your day was most enjoyable. Great looking PS's. I see some of these going in a shiny basket and taking a spin this weekend😍 yes,yes precious😆 oh excuse me, I was there for a moment😬 Awesome Mike!!

There have been some awesome posts here in the last few days but this one does it for me.

I'm thinking about setting the "plated" pic as the new wallpaper on my computer...

Terrific looking pork steaks and pics Mike!
I'll fess up, I've never made them on my WSM, but after seeing yours, that will change soon!

Back