Coffee Beans what's in your grinder ???

Well, I went ahead and canceled the Amazon order for the red grinder as it's not looking like they will fulfill the order in time to do the exchange. I called KA and they're sending me a replacement. But, they too could not get me another Onyx Black, or Red. So I'm getting the matt black one. Not terribly fond of the matt finish ones, but, not sure how long this one will last with the sound(s) it's making

Peet’s Dickason $5 off per bag at my Costco today.
I will be going to Costco today. Will see. At $5 off it's still a bit more expensive than House Blend but "worth the splurge". Then it's only about $6.50 lb then. But, still the deal on HB is crazy good at only about $5.20lb. Or the Columbian Supremo at Sam's or Costco at just a hair more $$ per lb.
Still given how indiscernible the difference is to me at least between HB and Major Dickason's is, it's barely worth more at all.
I tried a different PEET's I found at Sam's a while ago. It was not MD, it was called something else. Now THAT was worth the "hit" in price. It was deep and rich. Great aroma, flavor. Just an all around excellent brew

I will be going to Costco today. Will see. At $5 off it's still a bit more expensive than House Blend but "worth the splurge". Then it's only about $6.50 lb then. But, still the deal on HB is crazy good at only about $5.20lb. Or the Columbian Supremo at Sam's or Costco at just a hair more $$ per lb.
Still given how indiscernible the difference is to me at least between HB and Major Dickason's is, it's barely worth more at all.
I tried a different PEET's I found at Sam's a while ago. It was not MD, it was called something else. Now THAT was worth the "hit" in price. It was deep and rich. Great aroma, flavor. Just an all around excellent brew
Can't speak to the Sam's Club Colombian Supremo as I've never seen it. But the Kirkland Colombian Supremo is a 3 lb. bag. None of the others at Costco are. So yes...you're correct, Sir about $5.60/lb. which is quite decent for fresh, consistently good coffee.

Can't speak to the Sam's Club Colombian Supremo as I've never seen it. But the Kirkland Colombian Supremo is a 3 lb. bag. None of the others at Costco are. So yes...you're correct, Sir about $5.60/lb. which is quite decent for fresh, consistently good coffee.
Yeah, I forgot the CS at both Sam's and Costco are 3lb bags. And honestly I think they're from the same exact source, just different labeling

Just went thru a bag of this from Jewel.
They are a craft brewery not far from me in Warrenville. They also took over the old Walter Peyton roundhouse in dowtown Aurora.
I had no idea they also roasted. Pretty good cup IMO. I'll buy again on sale.

Well PEET's was on sale at our Costco, but even at that. Given just how far above it's weight the House Blend hits, I did not see the value in it (PEET's) compared to the HB. Yeah it's good but still not good enough to offset the cost difference IMO at $6.50 lb vs $4.40 lb. So guess which came home with me

Read my post above. $6.50lb is exactly what I quoted. For the PEEt's. But had you actually read it you'd realize my math was not off. Now, you might not agree with my "opinion of value" and that is fine. But, PEET's is still more than $2.00 lb more than the House Blend and IMO it's NOT $2.00lb "better". Actually I don't even feel it's better at all. It's a little different but certainly not better.

Let me clarify...Peets at its sale price is $6/lb.(I rounded up with the $11.99 sale price)x2=$12.00

Kirkland Signature House Blend is $10.99 for 2 lbs.=$5.50/lb.

So Peets on sale is $.50/lb more than the KS House Blend.

That's all there is to it.

OK but PEET's at my store was $17.99 marked down $5 so $12.99 for 2lbs (basically $13) or $6.50lb But House Blend was $10.99 ($11) for 2.5 lbs) so basically $4.40 so actually a little better than $2 per lb less than PEET's
So being not necessarily a cheapskate (well sort of), I put the PEET's back on the shelf. As I noted, it's good stuff REALLY good stuff but not $2+ per lb better. Actually I don't find it "better" at all. Different in a nice way but not IMO better.
So the best bang for the $$$$ House Blend for the win

OK but PEET's at my store was $17.99 marked down $5 so $12.99 for 2lbs (basically $13) or $6.50lb But House Blend was $10.99 ($11) for 2.5 lbs) so basically $4.40 so actually a little better than $2 per lb less than PEET's
So being not necessarily a cheapskate (well sort of), I put the PEET's back on the shelf. As I noted, it's good stuff REALLY good stuff but not $2+ per lb better. Actually I don't find it "better" at all. Different in a nice way but not IMO better.
So the best bang for the $$$$ House Blend for
You're correct about the Kirkland Signature House Blend being a 2.5lb. bag. Peets Major Dickasons has been $16.99/ 2lb. bag with that $5 discount 2-3 times per year. The House Blend is truly a bargain.

You're correct about the Kirkland Signature House Blend being a 2.5lb. bag. Peets Major Dickasons has been $16.99/ 2lb. bag with that $5 discount 2-3 times per year. The House Blend is truly a bargain.
I guess Costco must change some things prices by region. I paid $17.99 for the bag I currently have. Yesterday I actually popped a bag into my cart and was going to buy, but looked at the sign in the store where they break pricing down. Looked again at the HB same way. Put the PEET's back on the shelf and grabbed the HB. It's good. REALLY good, but like said earlier not $2+ lb more good than HB. If it was only say $.50-$1.00 more I'd likely go for it. But yeah, the HB just really hits well and is well worth it IMO.
Honestly I'm waiting to see if one day they catch on to how good it is and jack the cost up.

I guess Costco must change some things prices by region. I paid $17.99 for the bag I currently have. Yesterday I actually popped a bag into my cart and was going to buy, but looked at the sign in the store where they break pricing down. Looked again at the HB same way. Put the PEET's back on the shelf and grabbed the HB. It's good. REALLY good, but like said earlier not $2+ lb more good than HB. If it was only say $.50-$1.00 more I'd likely go for it. But yeah, the HB just really hits well and is well worth it IMO.
Honestly I'm waiting to see if one day they catch on to how good it is and jack the cost up.
I like to change it up a bit so I buy the Columbian Supremo...which for a 3lb. bag is a great deal...and it's very good. The House Blend is much better now without Starbucks roasting it. The Peet's is good, but to your point, at full price...not worlds better. At the sale price, sure I'll buy a bag or 3.

Yeah the Columbian Supremo either from Kirkland or Sam's is a great choice and a great buy. Like I noted earlier, I've tried both and can see, smell or taste no difference. Leading me to think both companies are buying the same product. Even selling at the same price.

Well I had kind of a fun morning before lunch. A while back before I acquired my working Breville grinder I'd bought a different one. The person made a HUGE mistake and used the USPS to ship it, plus did not pack it the best. It arrived smashed to bits. Even had boot prints on the box! So I contacted EBay and the seller who promptly refunded me and they'd stupidly shipped it without insurance. So, sadly they were out. Anyway they did not want it back. So I ordered another one from another seller and it's been a pretty faithful performer, though I noticed recently it's been clumping a bit and getting quite a bit of static. Seemingly pointing to maybe the burrs being a little worn. Which is why I bought the KitchenAid when I had a chance to pick it up on sale.
While perusing EBay I figured WTH, maybe I'll see a new or nearly new Breville as well. So one showed up on FleaBay I picked up for $45 as a "parts" machine. But it was nearly new, so i figured WTH I could simply use the burrs and maybe other stuff off it and have a nice espresso grinder on my little ersatz coffee bar. But the machine came and I like it's looks. It's the black stainless model. Looks very sharp compared to the gray and brushed stainless.
So, took it into the shop and took it apart. Doing trouble shooting. Turned out to be the control panel was faulty. So I was able to salvage the good panel from the smashed machine, and it works like a total champ. Was sure a lot of wire slicing, soldering and heat shrink but, after a couple hours it's grinding coffee! Working like a champ.

Back