Coffee Beans what's in your grinder ???

$12/2lbs.?
No, like $16 for 2lbs. There is another Kirkland coffee in med/dark at a more reasonable price than the PEET's Like $14 for 2lbs IIRC but I have never tried it. IDK if anyone else has. I have been very curious about it just never pulled the trigger on it
1718317610239.png

No, like $16 for 2lbs. There is another Kirkland coffee in med/dark at a more reasonable price than the PEET's Like $14 for 2lbs IIRC but I have never tried it. IDK if anyone else has. I have been very curious about it just never pulled the trigger on it
View attachment 93310
I only saw a scan of the Peet's on sale on Slickdeals...$16-$5....so perhaps it's a regional thing. What you posted here looks interesting though. Don't think I've seen it before here in PA.

Peet’s was full price at my Costco yesterday. : (
Yeah, same with mine I guess. Seems when they put PEET's on the shelves they don't put House Blend out. I guess I could have chanced it. Or bought the Organic Med/Dark I noted earlier. But, I've had PEET's before and it's really good, down to half a package of HB, and since I don't "stock up" or as some would say "hoard" anymore. I just try to keep at least one full pack if I am down to half a bag. So PEET's it was this trip.
New KA coffee grinder started making a new and somewhat ominous sound today. Hope it's not a bad omen. It grinds really well and so quiet I am really liking it

Was in Costco yesterday and picked up 3 bags of beans: House Blend=$10.99
Colombian Supremo =$14 but that's for a 3lb. bag
Peet's Major Dickasons=$12 after $5 sale discount

I noticed the Peet's now has a use by date, no longer a roasted on date.
It's good stuff though and it will be long gone by August 29th.

Wow, PEET's still $17 bag at my Costco. And no House Blend on the shelves. One of the HUGE things a hate about Costco. Even if it's they're own product they don't carry reliably. I get it if it's not "Kirkland" but Come on!!!!! CARRY THE Kirkland products RELIABLY!!! Sam's carries MM reliably. There are so many ways Sam's is light years ahead of Costco, it's not even funny. Actually rethinking my upcoming membership renewal because of them. Sam's = Scan Go, and now even bringing in AI to scan cart and check against digital receipt. No waiting for the person at the door. Walk right out. Sam's rewards = They add them right to your account. When you're using Scan and Go, and go to "checkout", you can choose to use that as well as or instead of your preferred payment method, Sam's does not ruin their steaks by blade tenderizing stuff that should not be. It actually makes them tougher in some cases, and I HATE that intrusion.
Yet Costco occasionally will give you surprisingly good things too. But when you find something like that, next time you shop.................it's gone. Especially true of many Kirkland whiskeys.

Wow, PEET's still $17 bag at my Costco. And no House Blend on the shelves. One of the HUGE things a hate about Costco. Even if it's they're own product they don't carry reliably. I get it if it's not "Kirkland" but Come on!!!!! CARRY THE Kirkland products RELIABLY!!! Sam's carries MM reliably. There are so many ways Sam's is light years ahead of Costco, it's not even funny. Actually rethinking my upcoming membership renewal because of them. Sam's = Scan Go, and now even bringing in AI to scan cart and check against digital receipt. No waiting for the person at the door. Walk right out. Sam's rewards = They add them right to your account. When you're using Scan and Go, and go to "checkout", you can choose to use that as well as or instead of your preferred payment method, Sam's does not ruin their steaks by blade tenderizing stuff that should not be. It actually makes them tougher in some cases, and I HATE that intrusion.
Yet Costco occasionally will give you surprisingly good things too. But when you find something like that, next time you shop.................it's gone. Especially true of many Kirkland whiskeys.
Costco's website is stuck somewhere in 1997 or so. It's incapable of showing stock availability for the local warehouse. It's terrible.
However, there were 6-7 different types of whole bean coffee not including 1-2 decafs there yesterday.
The Sam's Club we go to in Pleasantville, NJ(AC)carries 0 types of whole bean.
There are BJs near us but their whole bean coffees were terrible and we let that membership lapse.

Trader Joe's is similar. They carry something you really like...two weeks later you'll never see it again.

This AM reading a news feed, and they noted people on Reddit complaining loud and bitter about the "new" Kirkland House Blend. My, I always avoided it BEECAUSE it had Starbucks on the label. Knowing their products tend to have a "burned" flavor that is unmistakable. No off putting burned flavor in HB now though. Of course I never bought it prior to seeing it in the new packaging

This AM reading a news feed, and they noted people on Reddit complaining loud and bitter about the "new" Kirkland House Blend. My, I always avoided it BEECAUSE it had Starbucks on the label. Knowing their products tend to have a "burned" flavor that is unmistakable. No off putting burned flavor in HB now though. Of course I never bought it prior to seeing it in the new packaging
I've had the Starbucks version. Tend to agree regarding the Reddit opinions. It was typical Starbucks in a KS bag.
Not anymore as you noted. I think it and the KS Colombian Supremo are the best overall bang for the buck.
I'm fortunate in the sense that the local Costco stocks a decent variety of whole bean coffee and some of the local grocery stores also carry a very good selection as well...namely Wegmans and The Fresh Market.

I've had the Starbucks version. Tend to agree regarding the Reddit opinions. It was typical Starbucks in a KS bag.
Not anymore as you noted. I think it and the KS Colombian Supremo are the best overall bang for the buck.
I'm fortunate in the sense that the local Costco stocks a decent variety of whole bean coffee and some of the local grocery stores also carry a very good selection as well...namely Wegmans and The Fresh Market.
We have neither chain here. Only the glorified K-Mart type groceries or ones that cater mostly to Hispanic customers. And we have one large chain out of St Louis I avoid doing business with (hate them), Meier's and Woodman's. All "MEH" IMO. It's not a grocery desert but we don't have any real "variety". No, Trader Joe's, no Fresh Markets or anything of the like. Which is pretty much why my motto is. "If Costco, Sam's and Cattle & Cream don't have it, I don't need it".

We have neither chain here. Only the glorified K-Mart type groceries or ones that cater mostly to Hispanic customers. And we have one large chain out of St Louis I avoid doing business with (hate them), Meier's and Woodman's. All "MEH" IMO. It's not a grocery desert but we don't have any real "variety". No, Trader Joe's, no Fresh Markets or anything of the like. Which is pretty much why my motto is. "If Costco, Sam's and Cattle & Cream don't have it, I don't need it".
The Fresh Market is a Southeast and Mid-Atlantic chain. Wegmans I'd NY, NJ, PA, Delaware. So regional I guess.

Just opened the bag of PEET's this AM. Honestly it's pretty amazing how much it tastes like Kirkland House Blend (which I just finished yesterday) at least in my Breville Precision Brewer. Used the same grind setting as I was using with the Kirkland. But, honestly I think it's "dialed in" as the grounds were wetted perfectly and did not push out or anything. So, frankly that HB just is proving how far above it's weight it's punching.

Just opened the bag of PEET's this AM. Honestly it's pretty amazing how much it tastes like Kirkland House Blend (which I just finished yesterday) at least in my Breville Precision Brewer. Used the same grind setting as I was using with the Kirkland. But, honestly I think it's "dialed in" as the grounds were wetted perfectly and did not push out or anything. So, frankly that HB just is proving how far above it's weight it's punching.
Peet's Major Dickasons is consistently oily. Does that present problems to your grinder(s)?

Peet's Major Dickasons is consistently oily. Does that present problems to your grinder(s)?
No, not that I can tell can tell. Since the Kirkland ones too are pretty oily. And they've not caused any issues. Honestly I was more surprised at just how high the Kirkland beans punch for flavor and quality of the brew at $11 for 2.5# compared to $17 for 2#. I'll take the KS all day long over the PEET's at these price differentials. Yeah PEET's tastes MAYBE just a tad richer (or it could be I'm wishfully thinking it does) because the price is so steep.
I am still troubled by the sound my new KA grinder is making. Not seeming to affect it's operation. At first I was going to just exchange it through Amazon and told KA as much. But, I ordered the new one 6 days ago and it still has not shipped. KA said it was on 4-5 weeks backorder. But hell, I think this one will hold out so, I may cancel the Amazon order and tell KA to just send me the new one with an RA for this one

Back