C'mon guys...let's see your spare Weber parts

18.5 WSM parts. Center section, grill straps and grommet were free and the bottom and lid were at reduced prices.
I had intended to have this assembled for Memorial Day but Covid changed my plans of using 2 smokers.
EE3F67D0-2EB7-4215-999C-1B524DC39AC5.jpegC3AB58B6-0995-498B-9F3C-24292DF29C4F.jpegC0447BA3-9618-41CE-B1B4-0062CF3F34D5.jpegFBA6F8B3-C852-4DCA-B534-693075621634.jpeg

Wow Jon-you have your work cut out for you. Is that a Brown hood I spot?

Jeff

Yes, a vintage 1988. My wife would hit me over the head if she realized how far I drove to get that thing. I think I paid $15, but twice that in gas🤪. I plan to take that hood and incorporate it into my long-planned custom "Genesis 1.75" project. Obviously that will be postponed until I get moved and have my Indiana THIS OLD GRILL shop/factory open.
This Old Grill.jpg
Quincy House Shop.png

Leandro is hopefully coming up to Hobe Sound from the Miami area tomorrow. I am holding the rest of that brownie (body, frame & trays) to swap with him. Maybe he will make my wife happy and get a few other things as well!

Last edited:
OMG. That is crazy. No I would not want to be in your shoes moving all that stuff. You need a few trucks just for the grills. And is that red 26“ kettle?

Was being comical. Inside this realm it’s praised and revered. Outside (like my friends and family), I got issues. Wish I had a shed like that full of goodies.

The thing about it is, if I am working on a grill and something comes up. An endcap this toast, a lid that was cracked you didn't notice. A thermometer that doesn't work, a drip tray that is worse than you thought, a missing bolt, screw, end cap, clip, whatever, I don't have to put my build on hold waiting to acquire another part. I know that if I pick up a Silver B or a Genesis 1000, it doesn't matter if the left table is cracked or the drip pan is rotted out, or the fire box has a huge bulge in it. I know I could take it home and rebuild it immediately.
I remember back my first couple years of doing rehabs. I was constantly scrounging for parts. Everything from lid hing pins to control panels and wheels. That is no longer an issue. And, when I have more spares than I need, I don't mind shipping a part or two off for a couple extra bucks to someone who is up against the wall on a rehab.
Do I suggest this for the guy that just wants to do one or two grills, heck no, but I am sure Dave, Jon, Stefan and some of the other rehabbers know what I am talking about.

Damn you guys have lots of parts! I have one small plastic tote full of a few spare pieces. Then just a bunch of cleaning supplies and paint. Biggest "spare" piece I have is my old 26" bowl. Hoping one day to run across a worn-out 26" lid to pair with it.

The selling, trading and sharing of parts on this forum is amazing. Kudos to those who can do that. I have Bruce and his warehouse to thank for the left swing shelf for my 3000.

Much Appreciated!

Richard. 👍🙂

Yea Jon I’m gonna definitely try to get out. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it was today with the rain. And I’ll make my way up there. Road trip !

Bruce the video you posted doesn’t let me see it says private.

Holy Weberitis Batman! Bruce Thankfully you don’t live closer I would have to buy that brownie lid off you that you have in one of your sheds

Yea the brown one looks cool. If it wasn’t that I want a red head cause that’s what I remember from my childhood id go for one of those. I missed out on one a few months back still makes me sad it was up for hours when I found it but seemed like the person didn’t know how to use offer up messaging anyways thing looked in pristine shape. I just hope whoever got it is using it.

Attachments

• A8640347-5DB1-4CDF-A7DF-28C2433F7636.jpeg
    A8640347-5DB1-4CDF-A7DF-28C2433F7636.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 16
  • BCC88235-5B55-4EE3-A756-C76CB5275AFE.jpeg
    BCC88235-5B55-4EE3-A756-C76CB5275AFE.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 16

Back