C'mon guys...let's see your spare Weber parts

Bruce,
Your small parts bin looks a lot like my Milwaukee parts organizer. Great minds think alike :rolleyes:

uUVh5vb.jpg

Jeff

Jeff, I stopped at HD yesterday to grab one of those and use my 10% Veterans discount besides, but I must have been a day late as they were no longer on sale. I did grab two Husky ones that look almost identical except they were a bit smaller. But I got both of those for what the Milwaukee would have cost if still on sale. They are great. Thanks for the tip.

I guess I owe a photo or two?????????

Again maybe just wait for a donor grill to pop up on CL or FB. It seems the 2005 Silver B was one if not the only year and model of Genesis Silver b's that they used the black knobs on. That's the bad news. The good news is that in most areas, the cabinets on those grills are likely to be complete disasters and you can probably score one for cheap if it does pop up. But, if you do want to check with Weber, I could give you a serial number from my parted out grill to give to Weber.

Yep Bruce, you did say that they are hard to come by. I did find a grill down in Nashville with the black knobs and rocker switch, but that's a 3 hour drive? I'll keep looking and maybe I'll get lucky! Thanks

Bobby, I just did some checking. I found the Weber part number and it does seem they are available through some of the aftermarket outfits. After some quick checking, the best I could find was about $30 for three shipped.

Weber part #87680

Here is one outfit for $32
https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/search/part/551256//

Thanks Bruce, now I just have to find the black rocker switch. That appears to be the challenge.

You guys may get a kick out of this story.. I was at a campground earlier this week where someone had thrown out a ~2006-2007 Weber Spirit E-310 (essentially the same as a 2005 Weber Genesis Silver B but with a spice rack on the left instead of a swing-up shelf).

Its bottom shelf had rotted away but the rest of the grill was in ok shape. Because I had my camping gear in my car, I could not bring it home.

I didn't want to let it go to waste, so I was able to scavenge some of the good parts (I only had an adjustable wrench and a friend's Leatherman):

29782217128_e1ce133aa3_h.jpg

It's not shown in the photo, but I also managed to snag the lid, the igniter button, the igniter, and 2 square nylon nuts.

The tank scale is in very good condition, so it will replace the slightly rusty one that's currently on my SSP

Oh and Bobby, order the black knobs and ignition switch from Weber -> $5 per item but you have to order over the phone.

Last edited:
Bruce and Jkim,

Thanks for the info. Just placed my order, $28.63 out the door!
I'll post some pics of my grill when I get them put on.

Bobby

Awesome. I assumed they were no longer available through Weber since it seemed as thought they were so hard to find. Wrong assumption I guess.

I am kind of ashamed of my stash? I spend 4 or 5 hours organizing yesterday and kept wondering "where is all this stuff coming from"?

Anyone else out there wanna post some pics of their "stash"?

Jeff

Give me couple days, and I will get some pictures before everything starts getting ready to be moved...somehow:unsure:...not that I have any idea of exactly HOWo_O!!!

I posted this before, but my wife contacted a "real" moving company where they load everything up for you, just to get an idea of what we would be up against. She did a video conference with the guy using my iPad. After showing the house she came to my office to show him what I had there. Then she said, "Now we have to look at my husband's sheds."

I use the back half of a small, unusable house on our campground/residential community as a "shop." My wife was familiar with this, as she occasionally visits me, graciously trying to hold back her disdain. What she hadn't seen was the OTHER side of the house - filled to the brim with uncompleted grills awaiting work!:oops: When we walked over there with the guy still on video conference she asked me why I was opening the front door. When I pried it open she looked in exasperation and said to the mover, "I haven't seen THIS!" The moving guy, I am sure, had his calculator flying at full speed!!!!

I will take some pictures soon and let you all in on the laughter:ROFLMAO:. Indiana house comes with a HUGE workshop building. If I can't get it set up as an efficient "factory" and start actually turning out grills at least close to as fast as I find them, it will be time to hang it up, sell everything to Bruce (he needs some more grills and parts), and just keep my favorites to bbq on.

I just got most of my spare parts organized and put away.... If I get the chance, I will try to fire off some photos though.

I am kind of ashamed of my stash? I spend 4 or 5 hours organizing yesterday and kept wondering "where is all this stuff coming from"?
Haha, that's the same thing I always say when I move or help other people move...it's funny how we accumulate lots of stuff over time.

I sold basically everything I had and have been running lots and lots of deliveries to the the post office in the past few weeks. Some EBay auctions still going on and then I should be be done with restoring,

Sorry to see you hang it up Stefan. And I did finally get around to opening that box of durawood slats and z bars. I think now I am set for a while.

On vacation and I wanted to start the restoration of my Genesis 5000 but with the heat being over 90+ for the last 5 days (and continuing through Thursday), it's not a good time to be out in the elements.

So I decided to grab several pics of my "spare" Weber items I've amassed over the past couple of years.

a5hceZF.jpg

Spare cook box, set of end caps, 2 sets of stainless cooking grates, set of burner tubes, two-5 piece sets of Flavorized bars, one-13 piece set of Flavorizer bars.

rWwGswm.jpg

Brown lid, 2 wooden handles, drip rail brackets, two Fourney frame tubes, shelf brackets, RCplanebuyer Stainless shelf brackets-these are sweet.

BWJyVhF.jpg

4 wheel casters, New Burner tubes, 2 igniters, frame cross bracket, more shelf brackets, shelf hinge brackets.

8oTnx2c.jpg

Summit wheel casters, control knobs, regulator hose, 4 brand new old-school wheels, tool holders, bracket plugs, and numerous small items.

RgCpqVR.jpg

Two sets of wooden shelves, 5 end caps, side wooden side shelf with hardware.

XZVY8jT.jpg

Many different paints/stripper/Prepsol.

There is also a bin drawer with clips/fasteners/screws/ etc that I could probably assemble 3-4 more grills.

I know I'm missing more items but that gives you a general idea of what I have to work with.

Let's see your Weber parts guys!

Jeff
Man I love that “Brown” lid. Looks like a burnt orange to me but that might be my eyes playing tricks. Anyhow that color would almost be perfect for a Texas Longhorns fan such as myself 😊

OK, you asked...You can see the nightmare I have trying to figure out how to move all this stuff to Indiana!

IMG_4903.JPEG
IMG_4904.JPEG
IMG_4905.JPEG
IMG_4906.JPEG

There is actually ANOTHER SHED with even more stuff...This is going to be fun :rolleyes: . At least I got a start Saturday, packing up a few grills. All the gas grills will have to be disassembled. I can't wait...

Back