Clearance Charcoal @ Kroger: 12 lbs Frontier Briquettes for $2.99

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
Heads up, I found a good deal on some charcoal at Kroger. $2.99 for 12 lbs bag. Never used this brand before, but I still bought 10 bags. Figured if nothing else it'll be good for hot and fast cooks like burgers and wings.

20210109_150513.jpg20210109_162334.jpg20210109_162350_HDR.jpg

Here's a review from BBQ Brethren...........looks like you got a deal.

Oh wow, thanks for the link. Check out you local Kroger. The one by me literally had almost an entire pallet. The manager saw my cart loaded up with 10 bags and he said he wished I'd take it all. Said he'd give it to me free if he could.... apparently it's a slow mover and doesn't sell much. Might go back for more.....$2.99/bag is so cheap

Kyle, I would do up a couple quick cooks with what you have and see how you like it. If you do, then, yah, go get some more.

On the back of the bag it says it's made by Royal Oak.

I cooked some wings with this charcoal on Sunday. Got nice and hot and it didn't notice it being dirty smoke and the ashes didn't float around, like some of the cheaper branded charcoal does. So far so good.

Kyle thanks for the first review, I agree with KE kind of looks like Weber which you have used I believe. Kind of interesting made by Royal Oak which of course was rumored to have made the Weber Charcoal also. Never confirmed by anyone, I may see if my Kroger has any left for that price may just grab a few bags got plenty of Weber but for 3 bucks how bad could it possibly be. :)

Kyle thanks for the first review, I agree with KE kind of looks like Weber which you have used I believe. Kind of interesting made by Royal Oak which of course was rumored to have made the Weber Charcoal also. Never confirmed by anyone, I may see if my Kroger has any left for that price may just grab a few bags got plenty of Weber but for 3 bucks how bad could it possibly be. :)
If it's close to you, go to the Town Lake Pkwy Kroger. They have this charcoal in an odd spot, in the exit area on a pallet next to some firewood

If it's close to you, go to the Town Lake Pkwy Kroger. They have this charcoal in an odd spot, in the exit area on a pallet next to some firewood
Kyle, thanks for the heads up I live in Towne Lake. I was in there today they moved it onto a cart inside the store but I found it and called a buddy of mine who headed down he is buying a bunch. I may pick up 3 or 4 bags for that price can't go wrong.

Back