cleaning grill grates

Mark are you showing off how clean the grates are? They look almost new. All kidding aside I been using a grill stone from Lowes. It`s recycled glass so make sure you rinse well.

What you have there Mark is the result that is comparable to the process Weber employ to bake the porcelain onto their kettles. It aint coming off.
Grill on.

I just purchased Member's Mark Commercial Oven, Grill and Fryer Cleaner to clean mine as well. I plan on spraying them & placing them in a plastic trash bag. I'll probably do this late Friday & report back.

I saw that stuff last time I was at Sam's. I'd appreciate knowing how well it worked. Please share some results.

I soak my grates in a water catch pN that goes under your water heater. I fill with war. Water, dawn,and white vinegar, leave it out in the sun with the grates in it . Go mow the grass for me that is 2 to 3 hours. Then I use a garden weed digging tool low priced for many stores. It has a v cut into it and it cleans the rod grates pretty good plus it scores them to let the warm water work to soften the crud , I test them every couple hours to see how soft they are when you are happy use a scrubing pad or SOS pads work great.
The water soap and vinegar do most of the work so you do not have to. The tool I use now is from Tractor Supply a weed digging hand tool like 8 bucks .

Do you clean your ovens in your house? Do you go to a camp ground and just scrape and cook on those grills.
I clean my grates a couple times a year , if you do not that is your choice but do not nock some one who does.
To all have a safe and happy Fourth of July. GOD BLESS.

Back