Cleaning - Bar Keeper's Friend

Brandon B.

TVWBB Member
I've read in numerous places on the web that Bartender's Friend is a great cleaning product for grills/smokers and ovens. I have been unsuccessful locating any.

Anyone know where I can get some of this stuff?

Here, it's typically stocked in supermarkets alongside other scouring powders like Comet.

(ps: it's Bar Keepers Friend)

Brandon, Kroger and Publix carry it here in Atlanta. You can also find it in Tru-Value hardware stores and probably Ace too. It's a powder. Look in the cleaning products aisle in the section with Bon Ami, Ajax, Comet cleanser, etc.

It's a gold cardboard-type "can" with a dark blue label.

Rita

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone tried the stuff at HD I believe its made by the "goo be gone" people?

Thanks Rita, I'm heading to Publix after work today so I'll check it out.

Jon, I've tried Goo Be Gone on other thing like removing paint from hardwood floors, but never strictly as a cleaner. Stuff works good though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandon B.:
Thanks Rita, I'm heading to Publix after work today so I'll check it out.

Jon, I've tried Goo Be Gone on other thing like removing paint from hardwood floors, but never strictly as a cleaner. Stuff works good though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not Goo Be Gone, its by the makers of it. It's made for BBQ Grills.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon:
Not to hijack the thread but has anyone tried the stuff at HD I believe its made by the "goo be gone" people? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's the orange liquid it's great for removing the sticky mess left when you pull off a price sticker and for removing tar spots from car paint. I would not use it to clean a grill.

Great, Brandon! There aren't many questions that can't be answered by someone in this group. What a resource!

Rita

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doug D:
Here, it's typically stocked in supermarkets alongside other scouring powders like Comet.

(ps: it's Bar Keepers Friend) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't a scouring powder scratch the finish?

Back