Cleaned up the SmokeFire for the big game.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Wet winter here in California my SmokeFire pellets turned into a brick of pellet dust.

Took it apart for a thorough cleaning and have been burning it off for that last hour.

Going to do a few racks of ribs for the SB tomorrow. Sad the Niners are out but will be pulling for the Chiefs.

I’m at the 3 year mark with the SmokeFire and I’ll be finally putting in all the new parts Weber sent me. The flavorizer bar holders are SHOT!!

I do have to say though I must have gotten a magic glow plug that damn thing is still the original.

I've enjoyed watching your 3 year saga and learned a lot from you. It's about time you spruced it up. :D Haven't you had those parts for about a year? There's a lot of grills still running the original glow plug, including mine. I hope we haven't jinxed them now. Enjoy the game.

I've enjoyed watching your 3 year saga and learned a lot from you. It's about time you spruced it up. :D Haven't you had those parts for about a year? There's a lot of grills still running the original glow plug, including mine. I hope we haven't jinxed them now. Enjoy the game.
I have had the parts for a minute, I could swear it was your advice to wait until they were absolutely needed to install.

I figured I would wait as long as I could. If I get another 3 years out of the SF I’ll be a happy customer.

I have had the parts for a minute, I could swear it was your advice to wait until they were absolutely needed to install.

I figured I would wait as long as I could. If I get another 3 years out of the SF I’ll be a happy customer.
Guilty as charged. I was just pulling your chain. :D

Whatcha doing with that Korean rub? I'm going to do an oven 'fried' version of the Meat Church Korean wings later.

The Korean BBQ with Carolina Gold sauce was amazing. The wife and kids liked the Oakridge with sweet baby rays the best.

Been a wet winter out here, looking forward to spring!
Hopefully get to spend some time in the backyard cooking for my boys. They are growing fast!!
My 15 year is over 6'1" and he keeps saying he thinks he is tall than me... I keep saying not yet!

Last edited:
By a million miles these ribs were the best and easiest I’ve done.
SmokeFire put out a great smoke ring and flavor. The hickory was perfect. I’ve learned to not over season and I followed 2-2-1 closely. It was a great meal everyone enjoyed!

By a million miles these ribs were the best and easiest I’ve done.
SmokeFire put out a great smoke ring and flavor. The hickory was perfect. I’ve learned to not over season and I followed 2-2-1 closely. It was a great meal everyone enjoyed!
What temps for each step of the 2 2 1?

Back