Chuck roll secured, Q scheduled for 9PM Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rath, you shouldn't have that problem w/ the ET-73. Low meat temp starts at like 76 I think. I know I've gone past it to get to 195 for the pork butts. Please expand on this malfunction so wees can help you out!

JD?? I'm a Maker's Mark man myself. Nuttin better than some Kentucky Straight Bourbon over some ice w/ a splash of ginger ale!

Low temp for food on the ET-73 starts at 176
icon_frown.gif

I had wanted to set if for 160 and hit the sack, but that was not to be.

Rath *nite owl anyways*

You're right Rath, my bad. What a pain for you! In the end though, it all turned out great, at least that's how it looked!!

Thanks Greg, it is delicious!! I just made some chili and put in 2 cups of the BBQ beef. Nice smokey flavor to the chili

Rath *no longer hungry*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rath:
Low temp for food on the ET-73 starts at 176
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hey Rath, ya might want to play with it some more ... instructions say range is 32F - 392F. After it reaches 392F it will cycle back to 32F.

Glad to hear your roll turned out great! Folks at my house are evenly split on pork butt/chuck roll as favorite.

BTW: what was your total cooking time?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Susan Z:
...takes alot of clicking... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure you all know this but just in case, you don't have to click the button for every degree of temperature. You can save wear and tear on your thumb by simply pressing and holding the button .... the temperature will rapidly go up then ease off when you are getting close, 'click' till you get to desired temp.

Rath, You really need to stop making me hugry.
icon_frown.gif
First it's the roll o beef, now it's chili.
icon_eek.gif
Will the madness ever end.
icon_wink.gif
Later Bryan

Hmmm...I tried the hi-lo settings, but couldn't get it lower than 176. Perhaps I have to cycle thru the whole temp range to get to a lower temp. Thanks Guys.

Shawn, total cooking time was 14 hours.

Bryan, The madness will never end.

Rath *sending Bryan a map*

Rath, the madness must never end. The possibilities are endless with the WSM, charcoal and some chunks of wood. We are only limited by are imagination
icon_biggrin.gif
Getting pounded with rain again here.
icon_frown.gif
Will that madness ever end
icon_confused.gif
Thinking about buying a boat to Q in
icon_eek.gif
Later Bryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
Rath, the madness must never end. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Has anyone tried the patch or gum to stop smoking?
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chet:
Has anyone tried the patch or gum to stop smoking?
icon_biggrin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I smoked the patch but it had a gummy flavor.

Rath*smoker til the end*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back