Chuck roll secured, Q scheduled for 9PM Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought so
icon_smile.gif
don't drink the stuff. I'm a Beer man all the way.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Well Bryan, it's only gonna be a shot. And I like beer too!!

Rath *saving the non "enhanced" sauce for Byran*

I'm a pansey boy what can i say. Hope to meet up with you someday, and hows the wife doing with the "nitrate" thing? Hope the little lady is well or getting better
icon_confused.gif
Bryan

Thanks Bryan, she's on the mend
icon_smile.gif

And you ain't no pansey! You Q AND drink beer!!

Rath *gonna set up a play date*

Rath, please let me know how that chunk O beef turns out. It's 2:30 am and Bryan's alarm is going to go off at 5:55 am. Why do i do this to myself
icon_mad.gif
Cause it's so much fun talking to good people like you. Good night and eat a chunk of that beef for me.
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

Rest well my friend. The roll just hit 160 and I am about to baste and foil. WSM holding steady at 240, 1 vent at 10% other 2 still cloesed.

Rath *snapping pics*

Rath, i started using foil lately and I'm happy with the results. Bryan turned of his alarm. He now has a 3 day weekend
icon_biggrin.gif

I did the foil thing with a brisket 3 weeks ago. Last sat i did another brisket without the foil and did not like it as much. It was still good but liked the foiled one better. Bryan trying to give Rath encouragement

Can you say moist and tender. Thats what foil does. If you want to get the bark back at the end. Take the WSM apart and put the top grate down on the fire pit lay that slab o beef on and char it good on each side for a few min. I'm so Hungry for Chuck roll for some reason
icon_confused.gif
Can't quite put my finger on why though.

Temp up to 260 now..must have been the foiling process and the tap. 1 vent at almost closed, other 2 still closed.

Rath *tamming the temp*

Rath, is my math correct...you are doing this in the middle of the night, which makes your last post 4:26am...YIKES!!

My friend, we got the WSM to allow us ZZZZ at night! In any case, things sound like they are progressing well! Foiling seemed to move it along failry quickly. Thinking about doing that to my pork butt this weekend arounbd 160 as well!

Looking forward to those pics...you're probably sleeping right now and I am headed off to work...can't un-due the alarm like Bryan S
icon_biggrin.gif

Hope all is well!

Greg *awaits to eat chuck roll w/ his eyes*

Rath, hows the roll o beef doing. I'm so hungry for some Q thanks to you. Can't wait to see them pics. Bryan

Sorry for the delay friends. Greg, I work nights, so I'm up anyway
icon_wink.gif

Ok, as promised:
Start
Halfway point
Done
MMM...beefy

It was is very delicious and finished up early. I pulled it off the WSM at 10 am with the internal temp at 195. Wrapped it in a fresh foil and put it in the cooler for an hour and a half.

Pulled real nice.

Rath *going to take a nap now*

Rath, pics look great...espically the finished product! Did you put some sauce or au jus on it to eat or what?

I had an idea you might work pm's but then I was thrown off when Bryan S. decided to call it a weekend a day early!

I am happy everything turned out well and thanks for the pics!!

Doing the usual weekend smoke, this time for the in-laws! 7lb pork butt starting tomorrow night and eating Sunday around 4pm or so. I gotta mix in another brisket soon or I'll start squealin'!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Rath, man o man does that look good
icon_biggrin.gif
I,m doing a brisket tomarrow with the #2 rub and the maiden voyage with the GURU. Had great fun last night and this am, talking with you,Mords, And Big Al was worth the lost pay and absent point at work
icon_biggrin.gif
Whish Greg would've been up to chime in with us
icon_frown.gif
Later Bryan
There's a roll o beef in my future
icon_wink.gif

Greg, I would have gone to bed, but I found a short coming of the ET-73. Can't set it for 160
icon_frown.gif

And yes, I used KC BBQ sauce cut with good ol' JD.

Rath *getting hungry again*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back