Chuck Roast on the Genesis Rotisserie

Jeff J

TVWBB Member
Did a mid-week chuck roast on the gasser. Marinated the roast in steak marinade for a day and a half, and put some red potatoes, onion and carrots in the drip pan. Easy cook, and the family was very pleased. Sorry for the mediocre photos, I guess I need a better cell phone.

Veggies cut and dusted with some homemade rub I had. Butter added to melt for flavor and non stick.

IMAG0586.jpg

Meat trussed and prepped

IMAG0588.jpg

Off we go. High heat for 15 minutes, then down to 350...

IMAG0590.jpg

IMAG0591.jpg

Forgot to take photos when I took everything off, but here are some remnants after the family had picked over the first helping...

IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0595.jpg

The veggies were fantastic, but I don't think I will try the high heat at the beginning on the meat again. It probably just needed more time at a lower temp, as it was a little tough. Was very edible, just not quite to the standard I was hoping for.

Loving the choice of meat and cooking method.

The veggie drip pan is something I haven't done yet, but always looks great.

I love my rotisserie. Nice work with yours, Jeff. How big a hunk o' beef was that and how long was it on for?

I love my rotisserie. Nice work with yours, Jeff. How big a hunk o' beef was that and how long was it on for?

It was about 4 pounds starting out, and was on around 350 for 1.5 hours. Should have gone for and extra half hour, but the internal temp was good so I took it off. It could have used another 30 minutes to tenderize. It was only my 2nd time using the roto and I was peeking too much which I'm sure caused the need for more time, but it still was pretty good.

Thanks to all for the kind comments!

Back