Chuck and brisket burgers coming up

I flew down to California a few days ago for my wife’s work party, my union picnic and some medical appointments.
The first couple days it was 59 in Half Moon Bay, then 72 yesterday in the Napa Valley and today it’s just under 100 in Diablo.
I am about to take another shower just to help cool off.
This 100+ degree weather is for the birds and is the main reason I don’t summer down here.
I will take my 65-72 degree maritime weather over this stuff any time.

Nice looking cook though Brett,
I’m gonna cook a spatchcock chicken tomorrow for the first time.
I’m just about to start the cut and brine in a bit.

I flew down to California a few days ago for my wife’s work party, my union picnic and some medical appointments.
The first couple days it was 59 in Half Moon Bay, then 72 yesterday in the Napa Valley and today it’s just under 100 in Diablo.
This 100+ degree weather is for the birds and is the main reason I don’t summer down here.
Yeah, this is ba!!s hot. I’m a gallon of water into the day already. We’re eating inside tonight. It’s just too dang hot.

Ha ha ha ,
I totally hear ya.
We just came back from dinner at my moms house.
I feel like I have salt on my skin.
My Muti doesn’t believe wasting money on a big AC bill.

Nice looking cook though Brett,
I’m gonna cook a spatchcock chicken tomorrow for the first time.
I’m just about to start the cut and brine in a bit.
Nice hope the picnic was fun.

More and more we may never move, the weather is hard to beat.

Generally I do not ever associate 150F and beef with "perfection", but in your case I'll make an exception. ;)

Did you actually light the charcoal or did it just self-combust?
Below 150° is too rare on these. The burgers are thick, at 6 oz each. Nice sear with some crisp and the insides were super juicy.

I used a magnifying glass for 5 minutes which self-combusted the coals. It was an easy heat up.

😂

Those burgers are awesome (as are the dogs) The burgers I've been making are more smoked than BBQ'd. I don't flip them or anything, they taste great, but they don't look like yours, and yours looks amazing

Those burgers are awesome (as are the dogs) The burgers I've been making are more smoked than BBQ'd. I don't flip them or anything, they taste great, but they don't look like yours, and yours looks amazing
Just two different styles. I cooked these over JD. Very light smoke but a nice outer crust. I’m sure yours came out great.

This was my first American cook since coming home. Quite different than European food 😂

But still very good.

Back