Christmas Day roast

Gotta say more I use it more impressed I am at how good it is for $24.99. If I had bought the high priced one and it worked like this one I would be "happy" but not "impressed". With this one I am impressed. Fast, accurate, easy for old guys like you :D to see, easy to hold and use, AND for $25 and a 3 year warranty to boot!

Good way of putting it Larry. I have a Kizen and I really don't know how it could really be improved on enough to make it worth three times the price. It turns on when I fold the needle out, turns off when I fold it back in. It has a loop in the body to hang it. It has a magnet to stick to the side of any steel, it is quick and accurate reading. It is supposedly waterproof, but I haven't really tested that. I guess the one complaint is that the readout does not rotate. I don't know how long the warranty is for, but it is covered no questions asked by Amazon for 30 or 90 days. If it dies in a year or two, I would probably buy another one instead of dealing with shipping it back under warranty.....it was only $20. Not even worth the postage. I use it both indoor in the kitchen and outdoors in the grill. But, for the price, a guy could have one for each.
I don't mean to discount the Thermoworks, as I own and use and love the Thermoworks Smoke, but I just really don't need a professional meat thermometer.

I just got a “Meater” for Christmas! It’s the little one (limited range), it’s all charged up and ready to go but, I’m not doing anything that I feel I need it for until I do a rib roast for New Year’s Day. The first thing I noticed is that the magnets on the base are so weak that it will not stick to the fridge! Not a big deal but, it is making me question just how good the rest of the product is.

Tim, someone on here has one of those and loves it. I would be interested to know the range for it. But having a wireless probe would really be nice for a rotisserie cook. But, I can't complain about my Thermoworks Smoke for regular cooks. Great range and accuracy.

Let us know how it works for you when you try it out on New Years.

Back