Chipped Porcelain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Cook

TVWBB Fan
I just got my WSM and went to put it together. I noticed 2 places where the porcelain was chipped on the rim of the charcoal bowl. Could this be a major problem or should I not worry about it? The bowl is also slightly out of round.

------------------
Bruce Cook
bdcbbq1@home.com

Sadly, this is an occasional problem that can occur during shipping if the top edge of the box gets impacted or crushed. I have experienced it myself.

You have two options. One is to call Weber Customer Service at 800-446-1071 and tell them that the charcoal bowl for your brand new, right out of the box WSM is flat on one edge and the porcelain finish is cracked off. In most cases they will send a free replacement.

The other option is to bend the bowl back into shape by hand and use as-is, perhaps applying a little high-temp barbecue paint to protect against rust.

If I were you, I'd go with option #1.

Regards,
Chris

[This message has been edited by Chris Allingham (edited 07-16-2001).]

I just received my replacement center section. The original was damaged upon receipt. I called Weber? and they were more than happy to send one out. They will ask you for the 2 letter code that is stamped into the top vent of the lid. They do not want parts back that were damaged in shipping, only parts that may have a manufacturing defect are requested to be returned.

Chaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back