Chipotle pickle sticks

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Made some chipotle pickle sticks today. MarinTed the drummies in pickle juismce for 24 hours. Dusted with pepper, onion, garlic and chipotle powder. Cooked in the Q1200.

Skin stuck like crazy even on low heat. I’m guessing there must be a good amount of sugar in that pickle juice.

I’ve never grilled the pickle sticks right on the grate. Usually hang them in a leg hanger ( which doesn’t fit in the Q1200.

Lost a bunch of skin but still tasted great. I reseasoned when I flipped them.

The pickle flavor is surprisingly subtle. I like using it as a marinade for chicken.

4F2476A7-8CAE-4D12-A75A-8F8B28A84583.jpeg

B2F3AA9B-A309-4599-A91C-FCBEC2AE30F8.jpeg

F9F02236-329C-45B3-ADBF-723B6284C50F.jpeg

553BCA8A-78A5-4712-B181-EB76CAC5236A.jpeg

I started saving my pickle juice the last time you did this cook. Not sure what happened to it. Guess it got the heave ho! Nice looking cook Case.

I finally dumped pickle juice and NOW you do it again darn it Case, I’m going to have to get another fridge or take out the dining room to turn it into a walk in to keep all the stuff for cooking and grilling! I would Really like it too much, cases of wine, beer, massive volumes of stuff or go bad and have to throw out!

OK, never would've thought of this, but it sounds great. Gotta put this one on the list.

Dang, that grate must have been fun to clean. I've used the pickle juice before and it is very subtle. Unfortunately we only get the opportunity to use pickle juice every few months. I guess we need to eat more pickles.

Most of the Wendy's and Chik-fil-a knock off recipes marinate in pickle juice.
Kind of funny because both Wendy’s and Chik Fil a have debunked that they use pickle juice in their marinade. Both rumors falsely started on the internet of all places.

I learned about the pickle juice trick from a friend that lives in Alabama and a local place there that we dined at brines their chicken in it before frying. That was some damn fine fried chicken.

Dang, that grate must have been fun to clean. I've used the pickle juice before and it is very subtle. Unfortunately we only get the opportunity to use pickle juice every few months. I guess we need to eat more pickles.
Still working on it. Going to have to pull out the big guns and mix a batch of vinegar and baking soda and let them soak in it overnight. Still a bit of carbon stuck to them. Guess I’ll stick to frying pickle sticks, lol!

My drumstick hanger rack is to tall to fit in the 1200. I guess I could hang them in the oven too.

OK, never would've thought of this, but it sounds great. Gotta put this one on the list.
Even with a 24 hour soak you get a nice subtle hit of pickle. It adds a what’s that extra bit of flavor to the meat. It does make a tasty sandwich when using thighs or breasts.

I started saving my pickle juice the last time you did this cook. Not sure what happened to it. Guess it got the heave ho! Nice looking cook Case.
I keep it out in my garage fridge. Took a while as I guess we haven’t been eating as many pickles this past year!

Back