Childhood favorite

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Today I did something my mother always made and it was my favorite. Its called tostadas de picadillo.
Here is what is needed....

1 onion chopped, 3 jalapenos, 3 potatoes.

Seasoned the ground beef with this..

Cook down and when its half way cooked add your ingridients.

Then add 1- 8 oz of tomatoe sauce and 4 oz of water and reduce until meat is cooked and potatoes are tender.

All done.

get your tostada add mayo..

add a layer of beans...

then add the meat and top with sour cream and salsa..

Thanks for looking..

Just as Jim said, Tony: "Freakin' Awesome!" I'm really enjoying your recipes and this one definitely is on the to do list, thanks.

yea, that looks very interesting - your frijoles- look totally happening - Are those canned or are they from a bag?

They are canned Goya beans. This taste homemade. I do my beans on my CI and add oil or Manteca. Then add some chopped onion and jalapeño and bring to a boil then smash them and that's it.

Viva La Raza Tony, being hispanic myself Mexican food has to be the tastiest food on earth, Italian food a close 2nd. Very nice tostada's Antonio. A little lettuce, guacamole and cheese on top and your in heaven.

hmmm I really don't know about this dish and have not any experince with this taste but this time its looking so delicious I love to see this..May I take one bite please..great dish..

hmmm I really don't know about this dish and have not any experince with this taste but this time its looking so delicious I love to see this..May I take one bite please..great dish..

Give it a try at your local real Mexican restaurants.

Muy sabroso Tony! You ever try some Pato instead of the tomato sauce? bet that would be good too, may have to take this recipe and substitute that. You crank out some great looking eats!

Muy sabroso Tony! You ever try some Pato instead of the tomato sauce? bet that would be good too, may have to take this recipe and substitute that. You crank out some great looking eats!

Yes.. We actually use el pato sauce a lot but I was trying to do my moms recipe. We have done it with el pato sauce and a lot of pepper and man its tasty Nick.

Back