Chicken thighs into the fire pit

KeithFWI

TVWBB Fan
Fired up the mini with some competition briquettes and just wanted to see how hot they burned and if i could get away with throwing the thighs into the fire after a smoke.

Sorry it was getting dark outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqd_BeKnNc

I just blew the competition briquettes off clean...they do produce way less ash, i like them for that.

Not a spec of ash on them...I was impressed. :)

Nice looking chicken but I was always told to use natural lump when doing caveman cooks because there is a lot of "other" stuff in briquets

I've reverse caveman seared hot dogs and marshmallows (and other things cooked over a campfire) many times.

(you guys are killing me) :p

Last edited:
Nice looking chicken but I was always told to use natural lump when doing caveman cooks because there is a lot of "other" stuff in briquets
I used Kingsford competition ....supposed to be all hardwood. Don't think i would have used briquettes otherwise.

I've reverse caveman seared hot dogs and marshmallows (and other things cooked over a campfire) many times.

(you guys are killing me) :p
I've done hotdogs etc...but i've never seen anyone put their chicken parts directly in the fire... Gotta say i like it. I wouldn't do it if it wasn't a reverse sear though.

Back