Chicken shawarma and more

Nice looking chicken & fixin's. We make a similar meal every week or two, but with tabouleh instead of rice. I'm going to steel your salad idea for the next time. I just concocted my own greek seasoning to replace that weak *ss stuff we've been buying from the mega mart. I put the kosher salt in my mortar and pestle with equal parts dry thyme and oregano mixed in little fresh ground pepper and garlic and onion powder to kick it up.

Nice looking chicken & fixin's. We make a similar meal every week or two, but with tabouleh instead of rice. I'm going to steel your salad idea for the next time. I just concocted my own greek seasoning to replace that weak *ss stuff we've been buying from the mega mart. I put the kosher salt in my mortar and pestle with equal parts dry thyme and oregano mixed in little fresh ground pepper and garlic and onion powder to kick it up.
We used just the fresh lemon juice on the salad tonight. Everything else had so much flavor. And the fresh lemon lifted the chicken flavor too.

This what we should be eating more of. Simple and clean foods.

Here’s the season or you can make your own:

Note, I added a few dashes of Aleppo pepper, evoo and a small amount of lemon juice to the marinade.

Now that is a meal a different flavor with every bite and texture too.
You make dinner interesting and love ,love the salad.
it also goes well when stuffed into a half of a pita pocket. it's like a Mediterranean burrito or sandwich.

i have to switch it up here. otherwise the natives get restless. sometimes i feel like i'm running out of new ideas or recipes. thankfully YouTube provides a huge inspiration at times.

you could easily make this. very slow effort and not complex. go for it!

it also goes well when stuffed into a half of a pita pocket. it's like a Mediterranean burrito or sandwich.

i have to switch it up here. otherwise the natives get restless. sometimes i feel like i'm running out of new ideas or recipes. thankfully YouTube provides a huge inspiration at times.

you could easily make this. very slow effort and not complex. go for it!
I know what you taking about folks with a adventurous palet get bored easily. I love trying new foods.

Brett, I like the idea of using thighs, and here is a good sounding marinade instead of the store bought spices. It says to marinate from 3 tp 24 hours. Enough for 2 lbs. chicken thigh fillets, skinless and boneless.

Chicken Shawarma Marinade

1 large garlic clove, minced
1 TB. ground coriander
1 TB. ground cumin
1 TB. ground cardamon
1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
2 tsp. smoked paprika
2 tsp. salt
black pepper (to taste)
2 TB. lemon juice
3 TB. olive oil

Source: Nagi/Recipe Tin Eats

Brett, I like the idea of using thighs, and here is a good sounding marinade instead of the store bought spices. It says to marinate from 3 tp 24 hours. Enough for 2 lbs. chicken thigh fillets, skinless and boneless.

Chicken Shawarma Marinade

1 large garlic clove, minced
1 TB. ground coriander
1 TB. ground cumin
1 TB. ground cardamon
1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
2 tsp. smoked paprika
2 tsp. salt
black pepper (to taste)
2 TB. lemon juice
3 TB. olive oil

Source: Nagi/Recipe Tin Eats