Chicken leg quarters with dry rub

Your chicken looks excellent the side dish of vermicelli looks good too. Do you have a recipe for that?
1/2 cup vermicelli noodle
1.5 cups basmati rice
Chunk of unsalted butter
Some evoo
3 tsp chicken bouillon powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
3.75 cups water

On medium heat:
Melt butter with oil in pan
Add vermicelli and toast it in the oils for 2 mins while stirring
Add basmati rice and stir until nutty and slightly browned
Add turmeric and chicken powder
Mix all for even incorporation

Shut off heat
Add the water and mix all ingredients for even distribution
Return heat to high
Bring to boil, then immediately cover and then move to lowest temp setting for 10 mins covered.

After 10 minutes cook, shut off heat and let stand covered for another 10 minutes

DO NOT EVER OPEN THE LID AND PEEK

When done resting, fluff with spoon or fork before serving

Perfect rice every time. It’s a family staple here.

Some dang fine Seagull Brett :)
Winco’s finest. There’s just something about chicken leg quarters and summertime grilling.

We washed it down with that Costco bottle of New Zealand Marlborough Sauv B. Tart, crisp and clean fruit notes. One of the best $7 bottles you can buy.

$7 for a sauv........man, $7 up here might get you a quart of malt liquor.......
You need a second income if you want to take drinking up.....
I guess it could be a good thing......but if you like beer or anything on a hot day it's going to cost you a few hours of your paycheck.

$7 for a sauv........man, $7 up here might get you a quart of malt liquor.......
You need a second income if you want to take drinking up.....
I guess it could be a good thing......but if you like beer or anything on a hot day it's going to cost you a few hours of your paycheck.
I don’t understand why everything is so expensive in Canada. What’s an average income level there?

I don’t understand why everything is so expensive in Canada. What’s an average income level there?

The google would tell me this......
I know lots of people on either side of this mark.
I also think that number is before taxes have been deducted from your pay as per the wording of it.

1718389766254.png

You ever " crack " the leg joint or cut a slice along the joint?
I do that with quarters to avoid that reddish look around the joint.

You ever " crack " the leg joint or cut a slice along the joint?
I do that with quarters to avoid that reddish look around the joint.
No but that’s a good idea. Usually if I cook them longer that red dissapears. But I pulled these at 175° on a high heat cook with JD as the smoke and flavor. Truly, summertime chicken on a plate. Love leg quarters.

Back