Chicago White Sox AL West Champs 1983 Grill

James O'Brien

TVWBB Fan
I recently picked this up from an OfferUp post in San Diego. I can't find another like it nor any info on how many might've been made. I'm not a Sox fan but it's a darn good looking color scheme. I tried to get info on another group site and figured I'd see if anyone here has at least seen one. Haven't decided if it's going to be added to the herd yet or not.
IMG-9768-compressed.JPGIMG-9769-compressed.JPGIMG-9770-compressed.JPGIMG-9772-compressed.JPG

I AM a White Sox fan and was in grad school in Chicago that year for the playoffs. If you have any interest in selling or maybe swapping, let me know by PM. I have definitely not seen one of those before!

Looks legit. I've had this mug from then always around.
Damn Dybzinski...

Attachments

• 20220908_155151.jpg
    20220908_155151.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220908_155200.jpg
    20220908_155200.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I still have but don’t plan on keeping it I need to do a more thorough clean up and take more pictures before I post it up. I’m on the hunt for an XL SNS for my 26er and hoping this might trade for one.

I wonder how it made its way to the west coast. I'm guessing either a Sox fan had it shipped out there or maybe brought it along as part of a retirement relocation, as it almost certainly wouldn't have been a regular retail item.

I recently picked this up from an OfferUp post in San Diego. I can't find another like it nor any info on how many might've been made. I'm not a Sox fan but it's a darn good looking color scheme. I tried to get info on another group site and figured I'd see if anyone here has at least seen one. Haven't decided if it's going to be added to the herd yet or not.
View attachment 59002View attachment 59003View attachment 59004View attachment 59005
1983, then it was still safe to be in Chicago......

I was in grad school at the University of Chicago then. It was not totally safe in our locale in Hyde Park as the University had security phones on most corners. I had my car broken into and later stolen. Still, I never worried about going downtown on Michigan Avenue, even at night. Not now. Serious crime has arrived in even the “nice” places downtown.

Back to this kettle, I have never seen or heard of another one like it. Love the gaudy colors from the White Sox uniform of the day. Now it would be easy for Weber to put the curtain diagonal gothic “S-O-X” on a black kettle. A pinstripe kettle would be cool!

Back