Chef alarm probes half off

Oh man what a deal! Plus you get free jellybeans in every order (in my experience).

If buying 7 probes to get the $2.99 shipping doesn't sound like a great deal. Their timestick is a great splashproof timer and has count up (stopwatch), count down, and clock modes. I got one as part of a promotion they were doing a few months ago and the only thing I can find fault with is that you can't see the clock at the same time as when you're using the timer (you have to press the mode button to switch between).

Thermoworks must have the fastest shipping department, I have seen on the net. Already have my tracking information.

If I did not have my fiancée coming from Malaysia in 34 days, I would be buying a lot more.

Yah, they are fast and reasonable on the shipping, however, I assume they have just electronically created the shipping record rather than actually shipping the items within an hour of the order..... I just got my shipping confirmation about an hour and a half after the order, though FedEx shows no record of the shipment yet. At any rate, they have always been very efficient and don't soak you on the shipping. Maverick has been good in those areas for me as well, so I see no reason to order probes from a 3rd party. You certainly can't argue with the price of $7.50 per probe, best deal ever!

Anyone using these with 22k resistors? If so, how do they do?

My HM has 22k resistors (due to my slowly-dwindling stash of ET-732 probes). I've been replacing with the Thermoworks probes. As long as you set them properly in the config, they seem to work fine. I do believe the temp curve is somewhat more limited on the higher end, but since I use them as food probes, it hasn't been a problem.

You can compare the temp range & resistance using a cool tool Bryan put together here: Probe comparison tool

Back